Getting carried away with weight loss

Some very good points there :unsure:

I'm thinking, remove PAS finish off removing the sound deadening...then potentially, make an ally dashboard. There's nothing left of the dash anyway now, just the bolts holding it in place.

Is there a how to or any pointers on where the PAS is located?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, the nasty stuff is out and with the help of some serious adhesive remover it's not looking too shabby.

Forgot about the sound deadening on the bulkhead at the front (behind dash) so tonight the dashboard is coming out to get that finished...then I'm going to 'remodel' the dash :)

Lol...I am thinking of selling the 7 point to buy a 10 point :) but not just yet!

Mart, I'll try and get a few pics and a how to up tonight (on the dashboard) but it's rather messy in there... as the car is track and I'm not after winning any concourse competitions the finish on the floor isn't perfect. But it's done the job. All you need is a heatgun, scraper and a tin of EvoStick adhesive remover...and a bit of patience although it's not a big/bad job to do. Will also post up the weight too.

Phil the cage, a safety 21 jobbie costs about £300 tops with delivery...so not too bad if you're thinking of one they really do stiffen up the chassis and look cool.

The car's already down below 800kg as it is, with the dash and PAS should save a bit more but then the really time consuming and expensive mods start (or in my case don't start as it's not economically viable)

My wife's a vet and at her practice they have a rather sexy digital walk on scale for fat dogs (and their owners) so I'm going to have to weigh the sound deadening and other crap on that after hours lol.

Now does anyone know what I can and can't strip from the loom? there's several denso circuit openers/relays etc that I have no idea what they do.