Getting carried away with weight loss

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for that info on the cage Mark, im fancyin the blue 6point one from Cusco as its designed for street use and light competition, should do the trick for me nicely as i only want it just incase anything should ever go wrong as happened to Geo, dont think my use of the car warrants the full heavier Saftey 21 version.

wasn't sure wot effect they'd have on the chassis but u have answered that for me now! many thanks man!

kepp up the hard work!

Phil.

Yup, a rollcage is a good idea, but so are harnesses and bucket seats they can all keep you safe :)

I started (got bored) stripping the loom last night, with all the heater, hi/lo turbo, sensors, elec motors etc that are no longer in the car the loom needs to be stripped just to tidy it up and remove all the dangling plugs everywhere. Slight worry is that in snipping some of them off that share connections with other wires that I'll feck up the wiring...

Will get a few more pics tonight of it all, nearly half the loom on the passenger side seemed to attach to the heater!

Those pics are great man, Your really taking this weight-loss to heart... We sell dietary pills here if your interested in a few... Haha :p Only messing with ya bro... Can't wait to find out the total weight after all this gone?

Great Job... :)

There is method to my madness...honest....I've traced each wire from the empty plugs to their source and cut them away, most of them go to a splitter at some point, when I reach one of those, I snip the redundant wire away and leave the bridge/connection intact. The only redundant plug I've kept in is the cigarette lighter...purely for running the satnav if we go to europe lol.

I'll strip out the door wires aswell but that's about my limit, don't want to get too carried away :p

only redundant wires I can think of removing are the a/c buttons and anything a/c related...umm...and when I get manual windows, the electric window wiring...oh and the boot/dome lights...err...that's it :p

Well there is (on my car):

rear wiper wiring

both door mirrors

both door window mechs

hi/lo boost button (pointless)

aerial

heater and bits (about 10 fecking plugs)

front fog wiring

dome light wiring (forgot about that one!)

I'm going to leave the rear wiper wires there and the GT badge though. Eventually when I get the dash sorted out, purely because I can, I'm going to remove the storks from the steering column and have switched for lights/wipers etc...true race car.

I used to be 80kg and 12% fat, bloody weighed myself the other day, 87kg and 17% sad.gif I blame pie.

There you go mate... get back down to your old weight and you'll save yourself 7kg's!! Can't see you stripping that much out the car at this stage? So you've gotta get it somewhere :p

Haha....I put it down to middle aged spread.

I'm still stripping the loom and wiring out, got both doors done today, got a bit more to do then I can tidy up the wiring that's left...would you believe there's over 1kg in cable alone that's come out of the car already?

Mark

liking the progress, you must be handy with the wireing as that would seam daunting to me to do,

are you not briking it a wee bit when you get it back together that it will start?

;)

Yup, bad case of rsm (rapid sphincter movement) about that thought...or that something fundamental will be faulty. Hoping to actually get it finished off wiring wise tonight, then I can attach up the earths and see if it fires...then I need to tidy the wiring up, wrap it and decide where it's going to go.

Still a fair bit to do and I don't seem to have time to do it. I need about 3-4 days of full time to get it sorted.