• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Need to get them d2's on there so bad dude :)

yeah i know, hopefully gonna do it today! :) just waiting to see what the weather does and HOPE that my cupholders and yaris rear wiper arrive in the post

thank god, i've been missing my rear speakers for so long! are you fitting the coilovers yourself?

yeah, i got pissed off with listening to the under dash piles of crap within 3 days so something needed done haha, and yeah fitting them myself :)

Looks like it's smiling lol you need to trim those slats a bit ;)

haha ill try trim them, photo makes it look worse than it is i think

lmao o yeah it does lol but start to get there buddy

thanks man

Sam.

Looked good tonight with them little extras just need these coilovers on and a good polish up lad ;)

thanks Dobson, just need your polo back on the road now so we can cause traffic jams whilst crawling over speed bumps ;)

I trimmed mine and it looks a lot cleaner :)

Looking forward to seeing the coils fitted!

yeah, was gonna do them today mate but the lock rings and feet were seized. got one sorted and copper greased with everything moving nice and smoothly. just 3 more to do!! 8o

Sam.

Get them coilys on asap dude! You taking off the bumpstrips?

yeah man bumpstrips are coming off at some point, coilovers hopefully tomorrow :)

spent all today freeing up the feet and rings on them, got 3 done and are perfect even though its taken 10 hours! however one is still seized, broken 3 c-spanners trying to sort it, heated it, used penetrating oil, soaked it in oil etc... but nothing. gonna have another go at it tomorrow.

Any tips on loosening them off?

Sam.

Use a hammer in some way shape or form...

In all seriousness, ive always used a hammer and a sturdy screwdiver, with the strut in a vice, you can always buy new locking rings if they break.

I never have to worry about mine seizing though aha!

updates:

yaris rear wiper arrived

p4pb9513027.jpg

and cupholders thanks to Trisk :)

p4pb9513118.jpg

also fitted my D2s, handling is amazing now! 90mm drop on the front and 80mm on the rear, will be going lower but gonna wait for them to settle in first, plus need to fit the new wheels and check clearance before i slam it on its arse

p4pb9513105.jpg

p4pb9513092.jpg

p4pb9513114.jpg

p4pb9513074.jpg

p4pb9513062.jpg

p4pb9513039.jpg

Sam.

its going wayyyy lower, waiting til the new wheels go on though so i can get it perfect.

and im putting these on dan:

p4pb9059291.jpg

p4pb9248633.jpg

just went and bought paint supplies (gunmetal grey) and prepping them this afternoon, also getting my straight through done today.

my have to calm down on spending money now for a while because its getting out of handhaha :p

Sam.

I reckon I'm gonna save up and band my spare set if steels, then sell the ats', what tyre size you going for? You will have scrubbing issues dude, get them arches rolled asap!

How loud is rather loud? Mines been decatted since last year and its just not got the noise I want, now I've scraped through the centre box I might have to take it out if it ain't too loud!

I reckon I'm gonna save up and band my spare set if steels, then sell the ats', what tyre size you going for? You will have scrubbing issues dude, get them arches rolled asap! How loud is rather loud? Mines been decatted since last year and its just not got the noise I want, now I've scraped through the centre box I might have to take it out if it ain't too loud!

195 45 16 and their 7j, plus ill be rolling the arches when they go on with the trusty heatgun and mallet. but gonna be on the lookout for banded G60s

and loudness-wise, its set off car alarms put it that way haha... although havent revved it hard yet. so not entirely sure. kinda annoying to drive with now ive gone and done it though

edit: also the offsets ideal (ET38) so they will clear the arches no bother when its dropped

Edited by pinske
  • 1 month later...

UPDATES.

wheels are ON!!

p4pb9685782.jpg

p4pb9685788.jpg

p4pb9685802.jpg

1 finger arch gap ;)

p4pb9685804.jpg

also got my strut brace thanks to Steed and sprayed it. gonna do the rocker, drums and calipers the same colour

and sprayed the manifold.STILL waiting on the gasket ;S

p4pb9685784.jpg

now roll the arches and go lower and start on the false floor for the rear :)

Sam.