Any Green Fingered Gardeners on Here?

Since buying my house I have not been able to spend much time on the garden, we finally have everything pretty much as we want in the house now so with the first bit of nice weather this weekend just gone I though it was a good opportunity to get stuck in and get started on the garden.

First thing we did was get all the dead leaves and crap out, we then removed a massive lavender bush and passed that on to a relative, the other half hated it last year as it seemed to be a massive attraction for bee's! I then set about the mowing, seeing how well i could get the lawn to stripe.

To be honest I rather enjoyed it and can see me spending quite a bit of time growing bits and getting all the boarders and grass super neat.

Here's a few pics after the work:

8673041054_76d22f9130_h.jpg

8673036890_4469784561_h.jpg

Over the next few weeks I need to grow a patch of grass where the lavender bush was and find something to replace it. I am then going to power wash the patio area and re grout it all and also find a tray and grill for the bbq wall!

Anyone else into their gardening want to show pics?

Edited by DavidAshton

This is mine low maintenance and looks good all year round I have just put the tree in the middle thats my favourite! its a purple weeping Beech tree!

http://s87.photobucket.com/user/turbosr_2006/media/802828F7-5ECD-4416-9C64-846BDDB19417-2731-0000035EF6E1E2DA_zps262be15b.jpg.html'>802828F7-5ECD-4416-9C64-846BDDB19417-273

Edited by Rob H

Copper beech mate.....worked in one a few weeks back pushing 100 foot, takes a good while to reach those heights though! Sounds more of an ornamental variety so may stay a small ish tree. You gotta watch garden centres and nurseries, we're constantly taking down huge trees that were sold as "dwarf" varieties! Amazing trees in full leaf!

Im an arborist mate, and if we're getting all Latin 'Fagus Sylvatica Purpurea Pendula' is the fella you've got! :p (to 5m in the right conditions)

Pick your time well for transplanting, Beech as a genus dosn't transplant well! Good luck!