tips on free-ing up coilover rings?

so got myself so D2s, overall in great condition. however, being 2nd hand the rings and feet were seized. also the previous owner not copper greasing the threads before fitting didnt help. so after 11 hours of heating, oiling and battering with a hammer 3 are free'd up and everything moves as it should. the last one (front one) is still seized, the ring the hold the foot in place is stuck fast so cant move either :S

I only need it to screw up one thread so i can take the foot off but it wont budge. ive tried heating it, penetrating oil, hitting the ring with a hammer and punch/chisel. C-spanners dont work as its stuck so hard the spanners CRACK.

any tips on freeing it up? a feel a full on rage quit coming soon haha

Sam.

Like colin said, loads of WD40 overnight, if they still dont shift then you will need to get a blow torch and heat up the rings, then give them a twat with a lump hammer or somthing else heavy!

Oh dont forget to stick it in a vice!! but protect the threads so you dont fuck them up

• 2 weeks later...

a little tip for you. go to halfords (yes, HALFORDS) and buy their own brand 'Shock and Unlock' i sprayed it on, left if 5 minutes and the thing wound off no bother at all.

never been so happy in my life.

• 2 weeks later...

Soaking them all in diesel usually does the trick!

had to do that on my BC's on my civic! they were not moving for hell or high water!

We spent 3 days trying with everything else, soaked them over night, next morning washed them off and boom! Like new again!!

seized coilovers are a pain

some of the tools i had to use today

DSC_00041.jpg

All the cans are empty and the red stilson is ment to be straight !!!!

I got one sorted after a lot of work but the pass side wont budge so I will have to take the coilover off and get it in a vice

tip is never give up even if you feel like crying lol