So I've been running a td05 @ 1 bar for a while now it's pointless so I am thinking about a change I know a td04 is the simple route but I want to have something different to the rest.

Can anyone give me any advise? What puts me off is the size difference compared to 04 is the tf going to be completely gutless?

I had a drive off Toffs car the other day and i was pritty happy with the spool up time just felt like my ct9 tbh

BUT and i mean BUT i realy do think my custom CT9 set up would be quicker the Toffs! Im running 1bar on my ct9 and toff is running 1bar on his TF035

Toffs 2nd gear felt just as quick as my 2nd gear but when you went into 3rd it just died! Boost dont drop off or anything but my ct9 just seemed to pull quicker to the red line and puts you in your seat alot more then Toffs.

Ohh and im not just saying i think mine is quicker because its my own car i can honestly say mine felt quicker and my other mate who come in both cars thinks the same too. I have bought a TD04 manifold etc as i was thinking of going TF035 my self but after going out in Toffs it didnt realy do it for me

The only way we are going to see whos is quicker is to have a play one day :)

Edited by micky boy

:)

Tell you what mate that 5zigen sound fucking unreal :) ill have to shot some vids up mate sound like a power bike hahaha

I can imagine matey specially with that decat on... want to hear it.. Obv hear it at the NE meet which you are attending ? :)

Everyone has diffrant thoughts mate you might like it!

But in all honesty i think unless you are going forged TD04/TF035 is pointless! Unless you are realy stretching the legs on the TD04/TF035 and boosting at 1.4bar

I have forged internals sat here I really don't like ct9's they just feel so smooth and boring lol I like the aggression of a larger turbo. I suppose I've really been looking for a k24 equivalent, I miss that turbo kit a lot!

I need a block, crank, bearing kit, headgasket, some new piston rings, and a replacement rod before the forged engines built lol. But yeah I think the td05 will be pretty mad at higher boost

Personally I run 1 bar on CT9 and TD04 @0.6 made mine feel slow haha, literally just a matter of money until I can upgrade

Suppose it depends on what set up you go for! externally gated manifold and how the manifold has been designed.etc

But with my ct9 set up i've made everything as sort as possible! for extremely quick spool up! And im realy enjoying it at the moment! I would love to buy a nice sexy looking manifold but most of the nice looking ones have long runners and i would like to keep everything short hence why i love the JAM manifold as it keeps everything short :) but finding one of them for sale is prity much never going to happen lol.

Theres just one more thing id like to change and thats the flywheel that should help rev the engine abit quicker and should bring boost in quicker i would of thought aswell?

Haha yeah i agree matt just if we all had deep pockets like you :p

We'll know more when me Phil and Toff all go out for a mooch one night :) But either way if there only a cars lenth infront i dont realy see the point in change my CT9 set up untill i go forged

i run a td05 and its mental.. check my build thred..

its not that laggy as long as you use it to its full potential..

im running 1.5 bar and 1.7 for occasional drags, and its mental, aggessive and not that laggy as people make out..

id forge the bottom end first before worrying about a turbo..

imo... TD04's are a perfect turbo for a standard starlet engine...

If the engine is forged TD04's are too small :)

That doesn't really make sense, its gonna be the same capacity lol.

Think you mean keeping the turbo at its best efficiency while increasing boost. Which certainly as you are forged and the boost is increased you move further away from the best efficiency of the td04.

i run a td05 and its mental.. check my build thred..

its not that laggy as long as you use it to its full potential..

im running 1.5 bar and 1.7 for occasional drags, and its mental, aggessive and not that laggy as people make out..

id forge the bottom end first before worrying about a turbo..

yeah it's not bad but the force it comes in at must really bare a strain on a standard lump!