yeah it's not bad but the force it comes in at must really bare a strain on a standard lump!

Not really, it depends on the boost pressure ran. A larger turbo is more efficient than a smaller one so will actually put less strain on the engine, providing its setup correctly that is.

That doesn't really make sense, its gonna be the same capacity lol.

Think you mean keeping the turbo at its best efficiency while increasing boost. Which certainly as you are forged and the boost is increased you move further away from the best efficiency of the td04.

Meaning more in terms of the standard engines are good for 240-250bhp on a td04... Forged Engines you can go to maybe 270bhp? For the £££ it costs not worth it...

You need to be pushing 300bhp+....Bigger turbo to make it worth while really

IMO

But that's a ticking time bomb doing that 250 in standard engine I think forged engine and maxed tdo4 turbo will be well fun and reliable

Plenty of them out there reliable dude...

Its only reliable as the owners treat them, how there mapped and how the setup is tweaked :)

There are certainly benefits to the smaller turbos.

Infact i have a TD02 sitting at work, might bang that on instead of my TD04 and see whats what lol. Full boost on idle haha.

As above me and micky had a little mooch out and micky drove both cars, Its a weird one as even i felt unsure on as to what felt punchier, The CT9 Obviously felt more responsive, (Came on boost 300rpms sooner) So spool times are similiar, But the power felt completely different to my setup!

IMHO boosting about inbeetween roundabouts etc i dont think there would be anything in it, but bigger runs the bigger less restrictive setup would pull away

The main places the TF035 Feels better than the CT9 Where up top and 4th and 5th gear pulls, Where the CT9 Felt like it was mega struggling and wouldnt pull any harder the TF035 Keeps pulling... Especially up banks and big stretches of road where you can stretch its legs.

To find out what its running i need it dynoing, but i dont think the fact its running 10.1 to 10.4 AFRS On boost help it, and as micky says it feels like its hesitating and bogging/Dieing in 3rd until it picks up (Feels fluffy IE Getting too much fuel as i have mentioned before)

But i was also running a topmount etc on my CT9 Setup, where mickys running a Custom CT9 And a front mount

We need to prove this once and for all micky lol

Also the Auzzies are getting like 240-250Hp out of these easily, So theres either something in my setup lacking or i need a good map!

TT

Adam, I know that's right but when it comes in I just expect to see a conrod fire out lol. Lags really not an issue, I don't boost a lot and when I do it's on long straights where I don't need incredible spool times.

I don't know! It doesn't help my mrs is pregnant and with the td05 boosts well off the cards (her first and last reaction to it was to cry). I'd love to pick up a vf turbo but there's no chance I'm paying a huge amount for one I suppose it's my answer to this though, I'll wait until I find one cheap I have no idea which one I'd run! Wouldn't mind something similar to td05 in vf series mainly just to be different lol! I'll keep my eyes open for something cheap and local!

Yeah i think thats what has made me stay ct9 Toff the fact that ill always have to stretch the legs out of the TF035 id end up liveing on the red line lol

And tbh with me changing a few things on my ct9 it now pulls all the way to 8000rpm without dropping power like it did on my old ct9 set up! So i have the best of both worlds low down spool and pulls all the way to the red line.

I think you have a realy good set up Chris i loved it tbh but for where i live and where i drive the ct9 is the turbo set up for me :) And yeah mate i dont mind swapping ecus for a day or so. I bet you'll love the blitz its the most aggressive P&P ecu i've ever had :)

• 1 year later...

Adam, I know that's right but when it comes in I just expect to see a conrod fire out lol. Lags really not an issue, I don't boost a lot and when I do it's on long straights where I don't need incredible spool times.

I don't know! It doesn't help my mrs is pregnant and with the td05 boosts well off the cards (her first and last reaction to it was to cry). I'd love to pick up a vf turbo but there's no chance I'm paying a huge amount for one I suppose it's my answer to this though, I'll wait until I find one cheap I have no idea which one I'd run! Wouldn't mind something similar to td05 in vf series mainly just to be different lol! I'll keep my eyes open for something cheap and local!

vf28 or vf35 seems to be around the td05 range, but much more linear in terms of drivability

PS now realise how old this tread is lol

Edited by gorganl2000