Alright lads,

So I bought my starlet around 2 years ago when it was running 0.6 bar boost, its been off the road for about 8 months now and i'm thinking of making it my daily again,

I was thinking of getting a boost controller and lowering the boost for in the week and cranking it back up at the weekend.

What sort of boost could I drop it too and would I have to worry about the oil feed dropping and the turbo running lean/dry??

Many thanks in advance,

Tom.

0.6bar is standard boost, you won't have any problems running that all day long.

I don't understand your worry about the "oil feed dropping" either - do you mean low oil pressure? That's not related to the boost level you run.

so with the boost controller could i drop the boost to say 0.2bar???

and i thought 0.4 was standard boost??

Thanks,

Tom.

You can lower the boost as much as you want, it won't cause any problems.

0.6bar is standard hi boost, 0.4 bar is low.

I have an HKS actuator set at 0.6 bar, with no boost control at the moment. However, I'm thinking of getting an electronic boost controller; so if I set the actuator at 0.2 bar, could I then differentiate between say 0.2 and 0.8 bar of boost with the electronic boost controller?

Thanks,

Tom :)

It may be me being thick mate but if u wanting to use it as your daily again and your only running .6/.8 bar of boost I wouldn't bother with a booth controller as that's pretty standard pressure dude and will run fine like that all day long

Edited by pick1

thank you all for your replies!!!

and yeah i haven't checked whether the actuator will go as low as 0.2.

The reason why I was talking about an electronic boost controller is for the easy adjustment of boost pressure.

The reason why i asked about the oil feed was because if i set the boost pressure so low (0.2 for example), would the oil feed still be active and at that boost pressure, would the turbine wheel be slightly rotating?

Thanks,

Tom.

Do you want a complex answer to your boost control get a external wastegate with the lowest possible spring and get a 4 port solinoid to control a wide range of boost the control is made by controlling the top and the bottom of the wastegate diaphragm ;)