just sounded to me like you were tryin to talk yourself out of the car mate, which we have all done at one point or another, for a while there i seriously wanted an RX7, why??? because i watched Togue Heroes and then had a dream about one...odd i know, but it happens man.

get them parts fitted asap and see how u feel.

Phil.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right i took the car to Monster Motorsport yesterday to see if they could shed any light on my cars running issues. But on the way up to there Workshop in Loughborough the car decided it was going to behave itself and to be honest it was running very very well. Was still a little lumpy on idle but was a lot better than it was the other day.

So on arrival i decided i was gonna join in with the Integra/Colt Rolling Road day that was going on and was actually gonna run my car. So a quick check of the essentials later and my EP was ready to go!! And the result was...

Photo0233.jpg

86.3BHP which i am over the moon with becasue it only made 83.1Bhp a few months ago, and i thought the car had issues lol. So thats +3BHP from my new Induction Kit and cold air set-up.

Looks like shes staying with me for a while yet :p:p

Oh yeah i have the car booked in with the Lads at Mint Car Enhancements again tomorrow to get my 8000K HIDs fitted :D

Possitive result dude!

As for the creaking... mine does too, ive narrowed it to the bootlid.

I had some knocking/creaking going on for a while... untill i realised my panhard rod was loose... :p .

We should organise the Mids meet again soon:)

Mitch

Possitive result dude!

As for the creaking... mine does too, ive narrowed it to the bootlid.

I had some knocking/creaking going on for a while... untill i realised my panhard rod was loose... :lol: .

We should organise the Mids meet again soon:)

Mitch

Yes mate im well happy with it, 3BHP from one little mod B) Yes mate Mids meet is coming soon, look at the thread

great result dude! well pleased for ya!

Phil.

Cheers Phil mate,

Glad your happy again mate :D

HID's are gonna look sweet :D

Yeah Shes staying for a bit now :D

Alright mate, car looked good the other day in town. funnily enough I've been working in Loughborough these past four days aswell lol..

Great stats you got there (Y)

Yeah i just had to hunt you down mate, My Mrs was like Starlet so i sped up just to catch you :unsure: Yours was lookin pretty awesome aswell mate to be fair. And yes mate im happy with the RR result.

Got the HIDS fitted today, and ohh my god!! they are one of the best mods ive ever done. They look so nice and they just brighten everything up really really well. Makes night time driving so much better :D Ill get some pics soon!!

Thats what i thought you meant but i thought i would double check :)

Erm well Mint can get the HID kits in stock for you and then fit them, but i bought the HIDs off Phil from the group buy whats on here and then Mint sorted me out with the fitting.

Right its picture time, i know the pics are shocking but its hammering it down outside and my phone was getting wet B) Hopefully ill be going to get some proper pictures sometime soon. Also apoligises for the state of my car had all intentions of going outside and cleaning it this morning but the weather has ruined them plans lol.

First up a quick pic of the HIDs, Bought these of Phil. 8000K and they are awesome at night. Just got to get them adjusted up a little bit and then they'll be perfect. Put new bulbs in my running lights aswell to make them the same brightness as the HIDS.

Photo0252.jpg

next up a few pics of the Bay, with the new induction piping route, which gave my 3BHP :D Was quite a lot of work to get in the that position had to cut out all the inner plastic arches and move the battery and washer bottle slightly but its all good as its getting a lot of cold air now!!!

Photo0251.jpg

Photo0250.jpg

Also the final piece to the front end puzzle is this Cobra Sport induction funnel, originally ordered a Carbon fibre one from CarbonModz but that didnt fit flush in the hole and i wasnt happy with the look of it so sent that back and ordered this one. Which was giving a lick of gloss blck paint as i wasnt keen on the Stainless Steel effect before.

Photo0247.jpg

Photo0248.jpg

Also has the front bumper meshed with black mesh but i dont think you need pics of that so i didnt bother lol.

What you think guys?? i promise ill get some proper pics soon!!

Looks good mate, they headlights are cool.

Thought the route of the cold air intake would have made it more restrictive with the tight bend nut if it's got you more power then it's all good

Look forward to more piccys and updates

Gary

Cheers Gary mate, the thickness of the pipe isnt really that restriced to be honest thats the good thing about this piping it never really restricts it. And it must be fine if it put out more power on the Dyno and its running really really well at the minute.

Looks great liam :D

What induction kit is that?

Craig

Cheers Craig dude, its a BMC CDA mate best induction kit out there in my opinion!!!

as gary said, i wouldnt have thought that tight bend would be doin you any favours, but clearly it aint hurtin too much!

great work as always dude, lights look superb, i need some of them babies.

Phil.

Yes mate its running well so we'll leave it like that until i get bored :D, theres not really much more i can do with it though to be honest as there isnt much room to play with.

Get your name down in the group buy mate, theres cheap and there awesome what more could you want lol.

Move your battery into the boot B)

Loving your car mate, really do!!

Thanks Luke :D and ive been looking at doing that but i cant be bothered with the work involved lol.

Neat mate liking the air feed shame teh carbon one didnt fit :lol:

I agree battery in the boot!!! I doubt its that much of a job!!

I was having a similar setup on mine (thats why I had the funnel in the fog light hole)

Keep it up