• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

awesome!

mate, starlet rear ends squeak, PERIOD! once u tighten up the rear a bit it gets worse, my bootlid and general rear end area squeaks and groans like a fucker! I've looked for all sorts of sources, tried to find where exactly it is, but no joy! ask Geo, he'll confirm, the rear just...squeaks!!!!

my solution is to turn up the music to drown it out - altho it really freaks me out when theres a pause in the music and i hear all the weird noises!!!

dont stress man!

Phil.

Loos awesome mate. Another great addition to your weapon!

Cheers Mike!! By the way i seen your old V back up for sale ;) whats going on there??

awesome!

mate, starlet rear ends squeak, PERIOD! once you tighten up the rear a bit it gets worse, my bootlid and general rear end area squeaks and groans like a fucker! I've looked for all sorts of sources, tried to find where exactly it is, but no joy! ask Geo, he'll confirm, the rear just...squeaks!!!!

my solution is to turn up the music to drown it out - altho it really freaks me out when theres a pause in the music and i hear all the weird noises!!!

dont stress man!

Phil.

Yeah mine has squeaked from the day ive been driving it, but now its just really really loud and i was just making sure that summit isnt fitted wrong or something, I would turn the music up mate but i have a one speaker stereo system :) .

Looks class mate! Good to see I'm not the only one without any trim at all in the back, did it the other week!

Cheers mate, and yeah Stipped FTW, i wouldnt have it any other way

Ok so driving the car on a long haul today and the rear end strut brace squeeking has gone, however it has now changed to a clunking noise :thumbsup: does anyone know what this might be or is it just normal Toyota rattle??

No Phil mate i dont have a adjustable panhard rod, so i can rule that one out lol.

Had it up at work today and couldnt find absoluty anything, when the wheels are off the floor theres no noises whatsoever. And i was literally jumping up and down in the back earlier and guess what, no noises either. Its fooking breaking me now.

Anyone want to buy a Green/Carbon Glanza Rep??

stop being a bitch liam. if you wanna buy my car off me you will have to get used to shit like this! its hard to find bits that dont creek, rattle, bang and vibrate. man up, lol.

mine makes more noises than i care to think of!

the latest is a "CLUNK" noise if i make a hard turn, such as out of a carpark...has me WELL baffled i can assure u! its like a huge nut sliding along a bar and smackin the stopper!!! oddest thing! appeared from nowhere!

but i turn up the metal and drive on!

Phil.

No Phil mate i dont have a adjustable panhard rod, so i can rule that one out lol.

Had it up at work today and couldnt find absoluty anything, when the wheels are off the floor theres no noises whatsoever. And i was literally jumping up and down in the back earlier and guess what, no noises either. Its fooking breaking me now.

Anyone want to buy a Green/Carbon Glanza Rep??

how much lol :p

Just because of a stupid noise??

My cars always make loads of strange noises, if its not affecting it dont worry :p

No been thinking of getting rid for a while mate, i want a EG Civic really badly but its hard to find a mint one. It kinda is affecting it though because i dont wanna drive it anymore because im scared something is going to fall off.

stop being a bitch liam. if you wanna buy my car off me you will have to get used to shit like this! its hard to find bits that dont creek, rattle, bang and vibrate. man up, lol.

Sssshhhh Keirz no-one cares about what you have to say :p

mate its a 10+ year old car its going to make some noises, esp with the way you drive!! lol

Yeah i know Mr B but it didnt make the noise before i fitted the rear brace and now it does which is whats annoying me. And what you mean the way i drive you cheeky sod!!! :D

It could be the rear anti roll bar bushes need re-greasing mine does the same.

Hmmmmmm now theres a idea i havent even thought off, ill look into that on Monday when im back at work.

Sweet well ill get that grease out sometime when im back at work then.

Another little problem i have now is that when the car is idileing the revs seem to be all over the place, like one minute there normal and then the next minute they'll drop off, and when you pull off from first you have to give it big revs to get it to move anywhere!! B) Anybody have any experience with this issue or is my car just being a tempermental bitch!!!! Maybe it has summit to do with the new induction kit?? or maybe the wet weather?? I really cba with this car anymore.

and yet again...MINE DOES THIS TOO!!!!

she'll sit at idle and the next second she'll drop a few RPMs til u think she's gonna stall, but then picks herself up a bit.

hell, the other day she wouldnt start because she had been moved for about 20seconds about 2hours before in the freezing cold. they are gettin into middle age and starting to grump a bit, none of its serious man. if the 82s are still goin then ours will too. we are fortunate in that the predecessor to our cars was damn near identical, so the 91 owners will have plenty of warning if at 160,000miles every GT seizes a caliper, or shits the electronics. As Jay has pointed out to me, we are possibly unique in that aspect of car ownership, how many other cars have predecessors withso many, MANY, identical components in them??

i'm gettin the feeling from u tho mate that your heart is set on moving onto a civic, which is why you are LETTING these problems annoy you so much, you're justifying the change to yourself. but i ask you, how do you know a civic wont be any different?? i mean, they're pretty much the same age aint they?? they are bound to be having their own inherent problems at this stage in their lives just as our cars are.

Phil.

and yet again...MINE DOES THIS TOO!!!!

she'll sit at idle and the next second she'll drop a few RPMs til you think she's gonna stall, but then picks herself up a bit.

hell, the other day she wouldnt start because she had been moved for about 20seconds about 2hours before in the freezing cold. they are gettin into middle age and starting to grump a bit, none of its serious man. if the 82s are still goin then ours will too. we are fortunate in that the predecessor to our cars was damn near identical, so the 91 owners will have plenty of warning if at 160,000miles every GT seizes a caliper, or shits the electronics. As Jay has pointed out to me, we are possibly unique in that aspect of car ownership, how many other cars have predecessors withso many, MANY, identical components in them??

i'm gettin the feeling from you though mate that your heart is set on moving onto a civic, which is why you are LETTING these problems annoy you so much, you're justifying the change to yourself. but i ask you, how do you know a civic wont be any different?? i mean, they're pretty much the same age aint they?? they are bound to be having their own inherent problems at this stage in their lives just as our cars are.

Phil.

Cheers Phil, its nice to know im not the only one with this problem, like the creaking is fine now i know its nothing serious, but this is really annoying me because i really think its something serious as the car is just so sluggish and i just dont enjoy driving it right now. I think im worrying abit more becasue of the high mileage that it has done.

To be honest im only toying with getting a Civic im not 100% i want one because i know i wont be able to get one in anywhere near as good condition as my EP, its just Starlets are getting a little bit too common for my liking. My bro used to have a EG Civic like what i want and that recently failed a MOT quite miserabley where as my EP flies through every year with not one adviosry.

I think im gonna fit the next stage of mods that i have sitting in my bedroom and see if that makes me keep the faith, which to be honest i think its going to. And i might book it in somewhere to get a free Autofitness check just to see if there is any major issues. And then get some sort of engine checks done on it.

Liam