Filling up constantly?

I've never seen mine (Yet).. But i'm pretty damn close to it i can imagine! and yeah they do! if you look just below and to the left of the E you'll see it there :) Glows Orange/yellow colour if im correct?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its orange on my Glanza. I never refuel without it coming on. Always good to know it still works plus no point in the extra weight of a heavy tank lol.

Usually not a great idea to run them too low, as it sucks up all the crap in the bottom of the tank

Theres a filter on the pump and on the lines mate.

Thats a myth from back in the 70s when cars didnt have these.

Exactly as the man said!.. no good to always do it.. but it wont harm it due to all the filters etc etc in the way :)

Are the tanks metal or plastic on starlets im not sure?

Plus if its good quality fuel no shit should get in there in the 1st place.

The light not going off will just be due to the switch sticking.

Edited by StuDoc 72

Are the tanks metal or plastic on starlets im not sure?

Plus if its good quality fuel no shit should get in there in the 1st place.

The light not going off will just be due to the switch sticking.

There metal mate, pressed steel I think.

Edited by AdamB

I remember ages ago Driver on here let his Glanza run well into the fuel light warning lamp then when he filled up it never went back off.

For this reason I try not to let mine get into the fuel light.

That tickled me lol

I used to fill up twice a week driving 8 miles to work and back :p heavy foot.

But I was never late ;-) lol

Haha I bet!, See I could be suuuuper lazy and drive the whole 1.4miles round trip to work and back.. but it's acctually quicker to walk lol !!!

£1.47 for v power here

Those prices were 95ron I've got a 10 mile drive in any direction before i get to any 99ron hence the daily and the starlet!

Cant remember what i paid for 99 last time. Will be around that figure though :(

Tbh i usually use normal unleaded...have filled up with v power the past couple of times as ive had vouchers for 10p off a litre etc. its made fuck all difference to my mpg.

In fact i got less than usual on my last tank, although id had a few rather hard drives lol.

My gauge is odd too, will do the not moving then drop etc. i usually fill it from the quarter which is usually about 200miles for me.

Tbh i usually use normal unleaded...have filled up with v power the past couple of times as ive had vouchers for 10p off a litre etc. its made fuck all difference to my mpg.

In fact i got less than usual on my last tank, although id had a few rather hard drives lol.

My gauge is odd too, will do the not moving then drop etc. i usually fill it from the quarter which is usually about 200miles for me.

It would probably take a tank or two for your ECU to adjust

Those prices were 95ron I've got a 10 mile drive in any direction before i get to any 99ron hence the daily and the starlet!

Cant remember what i paid for 99 last time. Will be around that figure though :(

. Haha you just got to pay it it's a joke but we all still buy it everyday so it probably won't ever bs cheap again like it used to be

. Haha you just got to pay it it's a joke but we all still buy it everyday so it probably won't ever bs cheap again like it used to be

Yeah thats the problem, if you could get everybody in the country to boycott fuel for a week. The prices would soon tumble. Id put money on that haha

They are currently investigating all the big fuel companies for price fixing, but i wouldn't hold my breath for any significant price drops.

Especially when all the import owners came in our pants over v power nitro lol.

Lol.. investigation or not..

I remember the whole "Price of oil has dropped by $100 a drum".. Everyone thought yipeeeee fuel will go down!

WHAT A LOAD OF HORSE MANURE! in fact if i remember correctly it went up about 3p a litre!! :(

It is slowly coming down though! SLOWLY.. It's been at 128.9p per litre for about a month now.. everywhere else is 132.9-137.9p per litre!