Filling up constantly?

Does anyone else find them selves filling up constantly?

Or atleast it feels it!

I mean fuel is £1.28 a litre here for 95 octane... So it's not too bad.. But it constantly feels like I'm filling up.. Even if I driving sensible?

And also.. I can do a long run (40 mile trip) and fuel needle won't move.. 5th gear say 2.8k - 3k revs... 70-75mph.. Yet when I stop, go inside come back out an hour later the fuel needle will drop significantly??.

But strange :p

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well looked at my taco graph.. And it climbs in km still from quarter of a tank (according to fuel needle), I've done 73km...

But this is what confuses me!, I drove back from Wales on just under half a tank, that was over 300 miles... :/ and I was driving hard home.. :/ really really confusing.. So I've left it for a no.. I'm below the E on the reader lol.. But waiting for my fuel light to come on.. :-p

my car does on on fuel, went to japfest and back on £120, but its the same, sometimes the needle barely moves, then it drops, and my light has never come on, no matter how low it gets

Hmmm :/ not sure if I should trust leaving it until the light comes on then :-p haha might put £5 in a jerry can and carry that round.. S if I brake down I can always use that and get to the closest station atleast!

I see you have a GT and said if you are at 2.8-3k revs your doing 70-75mph. Do me a favour dude will you check that for me, i swear the 5th gear is longer in the GT's. I used to have a GT box now running a Glanza box. Thanks!

1.28 for fuel :bad: its about 1.33 here.

I kinda dont get this topic though your still getting reasonable fuel usage so have slightly contradicted the topic.

Lets be honest no one bought their starlet for economy if you want that get a diesel.

I mean fuel is £1.28 a litre here for 95 octane... So it's not too bad.. But it constantly feels like I'm filling up.. Even if I driving sensible?

£1.28?! I gotta move to Plymouth!

1.28 for fuel :bad: its about 1.33 here.

I kinda dont get this topic though your still getting reasonable fuel usage so have slightly contradicted the topic.

Lets be honest no one bought their starlet for economy if you want that get a diesel.

£1.39! But i can go up the roand n get it for £1.34 lol

I run my car on 98octane over in Ireland and I noticed my needle moves down alot lower till the light goes on think the light sensor on the pump is on the way out. 100k/62mph my gt is sitting at 3100 that's with a new Speedo cable and new housing in the gearbox. If driven right you can do over 450k on a long run most I got was 45mpg. I'm currently getting 32-34 with cracked mani and hole in exchaust.

98 octane is 1.6 - 1.7 euros and V-power nitro+ is around 1.75 - 1.80 euros here atm. From full tank to fuel light I get 400-450km and refill takes usually around 35-40 litres. But as StuDoc said, who bought the car for fuel economy.. :p

Exactly same numbers as above.

Only 1 litre of 98 euro costs 1.87 euro.

There are a few gasstations which have 101 octane fuel but it would be senseless to drive 60 miles only to get that.

Oh yeah I'm not expecting to do 60mpg! Haha I was just wondering if anyone else felt the same?

I know as its small tanks it will obviously need filling more frequently :), and ill check the speed/revs tomorrow as I'll be out on the a38 then :)

Oh yeah I'm not expecting to do 60mpg! Haha I was just wondering if anyone else felt the same?I know as its small tanks it will obviously need filling more frequently :), and ill check the speed/revs tomorrow as I'll be out on the a38 then :)

A38 ? Where u live dude ? And I know what your saying for japfest for example full tank of v-power got me there and started getting me back then put £30 of bp ultimate in and was on red by time I got home lol go figure just the difference in fuels etc there I presume as I wasn't hooning back either

I find when filling mine up full, To the first 1/4 line at the top (so 3/4 full), will do about 70 miles on a motorway. Half way can be around 100-150 miles, and the bottom 1/4 around 200 odd miles. If giving it the beans, the whole lot can be used up in under 180 miles easy. I only ever run 97 or 99 ron fuels too.

Edited by Arnold

It's really the size of the fuel tank that doesn't help. If it had like a 60 litre tank and you was ragging it round, it would last so much longer, but they only have like a 44 L tank and even the most I've ever been able to squeeze in I think was like 38 litres.