Whats the difference between..

You know what i hate though, when people call them wastegates...

Try to explain the difference between an EWG and a DV to someone who is specially retarded. Its quite amusing.

Not aimed at the OP by the way lol !!

Try to explain the difference between an EWG and a DV to someone who is specially retarded. Its quite amusing.

i ain't got dump valve I got external wastegate so I gert wastegate chatter braah

No seriously where can I get a chattering wastegate hahhaha

You did know you can use a BOV to control boost? It's what used to be used on racing engines a few years ago, generally located on the hot side of the intercooler.

Besides both a wastegate and BOV serve to do the exact same job, expel excess gas to maintain the correct pressure.

Yeah im aware of that, some eaton superchargers have a similar kinda thing.

Was generally taking about the folk who point to your dump valve and say, 'cool wastegate mate', you know the type. And then having to explain that its not a wastegate, its a dump valve.

It happened a few times with my old impreza, i was still running an internal wastegate and actuator setup. And a blitz DV.

A blitz super sound is a blow of valve it discharges gas between the turbo and throttle body, the wastegate goes on thr exhaust manifold if external and releases gasses between the exhaust and turbo to regulate the pressure produced by the turbo for example 1bar boost.

Internal wastegate consists of a actuator mounted on your turbo with a long arm that goes to the exhaust side of the turbo it regulates a small flap in the turbo to 'dump' gasses straight into the exhaust downpipe again to regulate boost pressure.

Edited by TurboTobz