Exhaust to close to petrol tank.

Basically my exhaust is quite close to my petrol tank on my glanza, and my friend says its a bomb waiting to happen. :/

I'm just wondering is this the case?

Could my exhaust heat the petrol up enough to go boom?

After him saying this I'm pretty nervous about driving my glanza. :(

01_zps6f3dfb40.png

02_zps7bbd98a8.png

Edited by Critic

Surly all glanza's have the same exhaust route from the engine? Even a custom exhaust or a premade after maker exhaust follows the original route!

I've never heard of a glanza exploding due to the exhaust being to close.

I think your mate is having you on so your sell it to him :)

James

Surly all glanza's have the same exhaust route from the engine? Even a custom exhaust or a premade after maker exhaust follows the original route!

I've never heard of a glanza exploding due to the exhaust being to close.

I think your mate is having you on so your sell it to him :)

James

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if they were having me on like, as there twats. xD

And yeah it follows the normal route, only difference is it was made for a ep82 and I've only had to change the hangers on the back box which I doubt would make a difference to where it sits in the middle.

To be fair mate unless a qualified professional says its a danger which after year and years of glanza's being around I very much doubt they will say that :D

Stop stressing about it and tell them to fuck off as they are talking shite :) AND enjoy the boost!!

(unlike myself who is unsatisfied with suzuki NA power )

James

To be fair mate unless a qualified professional says its a danger which after year and years of glanza's being around I very much doubt they will say that :D

Stop stressing about it and tell them to fuck off as they are talking shite :) AND enjoy the boost!!

(unlike myself who is unsatisfied with suzuki NA power )

James

Thing is my mate who said it, is a mechanic, that's why I'm kinda worried and do believe him. >.<

Yes, A small contact point is never going to generate enough conductive heat.

I'd be more worried about it vibrating and creating a hole which is again very unlikely.

For peace of mind, try adjusting the back box hangers to gain some clearance.

Lol this made me laugh! No offence dude but it looks like your car desperatly needs some undersealing on the tank and rear beam.

It does mate, I have the underseal sitting here, I just haven't had time or cant get anyone to do it for me right now.

And the weather isn't helping either. -_-'

LOL You should seal the underneath of the car before you worry bout the rear axle haha.

Thats only surface rust aswell its not even bad!

You put any regular UK car up on a ramp I could almost garuntee it would be worse.

Beams not that bad but the tanks seen better days, i'd get a 2nd tank wire wheel it and go to town on anti rust paint chip resistant stuff and underseal and wait till urs splits and replace it.

But thats just me lol

Edited by morgey