I blew my turbo to manifold gasket last night and can't get a new one till Monday, but need the car to drive to my brothers stag do week end Tomos night can any one recommend a temp bodge gasket or sealant I could use till me gasket comes

Loosen the nuts so the gap is slightly bigger between the gasket, mani and turbo and plaster around the gasket with exhaust assembly paste and tighten it all back up.

It should be more than fine for a couple of weeks.

I did this on mines when the gaskets went

Loosen the nuts so the gap is slightly bigger between the gasket, mani and turbo and plaster around the gasket with exhaust assembly paste and tighten it all back up.It should be more than fine for a couple of weeks.I did this on mines when the gaskets went

Cheers will try that later

Loosen the nuts so the gap is slightly bigger between the gasket, mani and turbo and plaster around the gasket with exhaust assembly paste and tighten it all back up. It should be more than fine for a couple of weeks. I did this on mines when the gaskets went

I'll second that. Bit of exhaust putty and jobs a fish.

EDIT: Aslong as you don't go mental with it it will be fine. Literally bolt it up without the gasket then run it around the seal from the manifold to the block.

Edited by Addymk2

Put paste between your mani and turbo and you can kiss goodbye to the turbo while your at it ;)

This, do not ever do this!! We see a few Turbos at

Work that have died due to damage the dried up paste has caused :(

Just leave it until you can get a gasket.