Right, need some urgent help! Need to swap heads on my engines to get the car back running but dunno where to start.. Do I take the cams out to take the headbolts off? What do I use to take the headbolts off?

Help much appreciated :)

You need a multispline socket set to undo the headbolts man, think its a M10 but cant remember off hand. And a big fuck-off breaker bar, because theyre tight haha.

u must be built like the side of a fiver ya cunt, a done it wae ma pinky

:spiteful:

Ahh i forgot toyota used silly head bolts on 4e's

4ages use standard 12 hex bolts so normal sockets work no need for silly tools haha

Yeah belt off, head bolts out in the correct sequence! And only 1/4 turns at a time or you can warp your head!

Inlet and exhaust mani's off. Alternator brackets as well? Cant remember 100% as i haven't had a 4e in 6 years haha

Edited by morgey

Paul, you're fucking away wae it! Who even is that? Haha! Right, I'll first need to find the tool to do it then think about taking the cams out! Cheers lads, you're all helpful as ever! I'm really starting to hate this car hahaha!

Ive got a headbolt tool if u want a shot? its not as easy as just taking the cams out, u need to remember and put the service bolt in and u need to take the cam caps off in the correct order