fast for a 1.3

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep I get the same sort of reaction. Even my bf (who has a crx vtec) is impressed.

Mine is a 1.3 n/a - no modifications whatsoever. I myself was nicely surprised at the speed of it when I took it for a test drive, and I frequently get the open-mouthed shocked look from other drivers when I leave them in a proverbial cloud of dust.

Love it.

I will always try to own a Starlet now, even if I have other cars too.

I have to say one more time, NA Starlet FTMFW!!

I had a run with a Saxo VTR which has an Induction kit, full exhaust and a quickshift kit today. Rolling start at about 2mph, its an old mate of mine and I swear we was level all the way!! We only got to the top end of 2nd gear before we ran out of private road but oh my god, I was shocked and so was he. I know that if we got in to 3rd he would have started to say good bye, but I'm so happy with the performance from the baby 4EFE!! ;) :p:unsure:

Its funny how before we had this little run, he said my car wouldn't stand a chance against his.. "Yours is only a 1.3 Idrees how could u compare the performance!"

Hahaha I'm so happy lmao!!

• 6 months later...

Just to Bring back the thread..

...I have been looking at the standard performance between a 160bhp Civic VTi and the GT Turbo.

In a straight line, which is faster????

VTi handles better standard i know but just wanna know straight line figures???????????

Mike

The same things has been said to me a lot, i do like winding up the chavvy little boys in their saxo's and they all tend to bottle it when a corner appears anyway, btu a lot have people have been shcoked how nippy they are for an N/A.

@ GLS mike, i would imagine the vti as they have 160bhp? i think and the GT has around the 145 mark? im not sure bout the gt. plus u gt the vtek on the civic. by the way i guess your talkin bout the EG vti?

well my lttle n/a beat a punto turbo, i think tht was because he was a bit of a spaz at drivin..lol. all those corsas nd polos nd shit are easily beat, tho only with a max of two people in the car.

tht makes so much difference, if its just me it does 0-60 in about 11-12 seconds.