Opinions on changing Steering Wheels

:D:D:D:D Been thinken for a while is there any point of the airbag in the wee starlets/glanzas?

A lot of yas have changed steerin wheels whats all required for the wheel itself and the hub does it also cost much it all changed maybe 300 or so quid for a nice wheel and hub to go with it.

p.s. it really worth the hassle?

Cheers Bilal

geo u aint gonna tell me your gonna drive around witha big VW badge on your wheel are ya????  :D 

i think the TRD one looks class!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

nono gerard, in a post furhter abouve i said that im getting a toyota stearing wheel in the same design as the volkswaygen, it measeure 350, that a standard aftermarked size,

i posted up tha pic to give you guya a ruff idea as to what the wheel might loook like.

it is a nice wheel, the problem is that i work for vw and drive r32's all day they r nice in the golf r32, but i think you might find it a little to big and you would proberly find it really hard to get to grips with it in a car the size of a starlet/galanza

but who cares the trd 1 looks awsome :D:D:D

• 3 weeks later...
by the way if you worried bout getin rid of your airbag, thy kill more people than thy save.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

im just wonderin this might sound dumb!

can you take the air bag out with out it going bang! cause i wnt to put a different one on and i think that i need to just get rid of the airbag want harnesses you see! and also some one should post pics of how to if you can! even diagrams cause im stumpd!

@enzo if your gettin a toyota steering wheel that looks similar is it from a new shape celica because they look kinda similar to the golf one!?!?!?!?!

@yeah you can its easy disconnect the negative terminal on the battery then on the side of the wheel there is 2 torq's screws(the star shape ones) undone them then pull the airbag out and unplug it!!!