Quaiffe limited slip differential (LSD)

Item For Sale: Quaiffe limited slip differential (LSD)

Item Condition & Description: LSD was working great when removed from car in gearbox

I am selling this LSD with a gearbox, however its cheap for a reason :) The diff is fine inside the box, however I had taken the box off with the intention to change it as it was crunching in 2nd and 3rd (Worn Syncros).

Problem is that I cant get one of the CV cups of the gearbox, one side has come out no problem, but for what ever reason the other cup is stuck fast. This means i cant split the box to remove the LSD!

I have heard this happening to a few other peoples boxes when using a Quaiffe LSD, i can only imagine that somehow the circlip on the cup which holds it in, has become wedged on the spline, so its stopping it from popping out.

I dont have the tools or time to be able to try and get it out and i think someone else with a bit of effort could get it out. I think the way forward would be to weld up a custom puller to the box and then wind it off with the puller, with any luck it should pop off.

I paid nearly £700 for the diff so its a bargain if you can get it out!!

It will be sold inside the gearbox, which will also be provided. I have however taken the 5th gear off the box to put on my other one which is going into my car.

Price: £299

Pictures:

Note its the Green CV cup facing the engine side which is stuck in.

IMAG0242.jpg

PICT2305.jpg
Picture of through the diff to show the LSD is actually in there, standard diff you cant see through it.
IMAG0436_zpsf71ed9a8.jpg

IMAG0437_zpsb20aabb4.jpg

This is the side that comes out no problem

IMAG0435_zpsb20d8cb8.jpg
The offending side which wont budge!
IMAG0437_zpsb20aabb4.jpg
Payment & Shipping Details: Collection, or shipped on pallet.

Can arrange your own courier or i could potentially just wrap it up if the weight limit is ok with the courier.

Edited by Taggy

I can post it on a palette for about £60, but if its not too heavy i might just be able to wrap it and post it normally as really its not that big, also yes it is a potential bargain, but at the same time its priced cheap because why the hell wont the cup come out?

Its a bit of a gamble on the buyer, but i sell it on the basis that if you buy it i can 100% confirm the diff is fully working and if you put a 5th gear back on the box, the box works too, all be it crunchy as hell on 2nd and 3rd.

I have tried bars on it and all sorts to get it to pop out with no joy, i think the next step is to weld up a custom puller to fit the box so you can wind it up with pressure until it pops, but to do this i need to be able to weld which i can't!.

In any case its a gamble if you can get it out hence the price, you know the story so if you also find you cant get the cup out its no refunds.

Good luck to who ever wants it :p

Edited by Taggy

Standard diff has a pin across it, thats definitely an aftermarket diff.

Only damage i could see being done is some slightly burrs inside the diff against the splines where the spring clip has been catching. Shouldn't have affected the mechanics of the diff at all.

Well just a bit more history on it,

12 months ago my gearbox started popping out of 5th gear, so i took it off with the intention of swapping out the LSD to a new box i had bought. This is when i realised i couldnt get the cup out, in the end i took the 5th gear off my good box and repaired the one in the pictures above. That way i could still use the box.

12 months on the box was fixed but it started to crunch in gears on changing, so again i decided to pull the box and have another go. Same problem the cup just wont pop out.

But this shows the diff is fully working and i was using it on track at Japfest :)

this is total and complete horse shit this is the biggest tease EVER ... I want this so bad i would even spend another hundred quid on it lol but its in a box lol i cant ship an entire box to trinidad

lol who want to buy this for and i pay them an extra 50 quid to do the mechanical work and get the dif out lol.... o how i wish lol

god dammit that a bargain lol

GLWS

Edited by rasslenny

that only shows the splines on the side which came out, you cant see the other side so you cant tell. Wallace sounds like he has got a massive array of tools in work so i have no doubt he has the best chance to fix it. :)