New to jap, ep91 from Sheffield

Hi lads, just bought a Glanza v last week, new to jap cars too after having a fiesta st, and all my mates being in the German scene, I'm a loner haha.... Already got power mods in mind and going to start looking, I'll probably do a build thread too... Got some questions and queries also, loads as I'm not very clued up on these.... So all help appreciated..... The first thing I need to look at is the gearbox, it has an LSD box apparently, on the test drive it was sound, but a few times now gearing down, the car struggles going to 3rd, doesn't make a noise or anything, just won't go in, been told the syncro's are prone to going....?! Driving normally, gearing up, it's fine.... But I might get the box rebuilt anyway when I take offroad to upgrade the turbo to the hybrid kit....

Anyway, hope to get familiar with you all and attend meets and shows etc...

Ashley

Edited by ep91ash

Welcome mate.

Good chance it is your synchros does it go into 3rd ok when the engine isnt running though? Check your cables and stuff aswell before jumping in.

Its also worth having a look to see if it really is the LSD box theres a thread on here that shows you the visual differances so that you can identify them.

Anyway enjoy boost, your ST will be nothing but a memory shortly. Fords suck dick lol.

Edited by StuDoc 72

Cheers mate, I'll have a look as and when I can buddy, I'm going to look at the cables and stuff anyway, before doing the box.... Looking forward to tuning it anyway, it's bit as fast as the st just yet but not far off.... Going to get it looking mint first and make sure everything's sound, then start modding... Also want to look at brake upgrades etc... So will be doing some browsing on here very often... Already made my st induction kit fit on the car already, and removed the box and can feel a better throttle response already...

Welcome to UKSO!

If your interested in tuning your starlet.. Have a read through these tuning guides:

http://www.ukstarletowners.com/page/articles.html/_/tuning-stages/

Gearbox wise... If its your daily driver... Id advise to get a 2nd gearbox that's used... Rebuild that and then swap them over! :)

Your also VERY local to Race-Tech Motorsport.... So if you want any help with tuning there the people to speak too!

Welcome.

It has been quiet round these parts don't see many other Glanza's anymore but seems the may be coming back.

Give us a shout if you need any help, local lad myself just over in Rotherham.

Definitely pal, the more the merrier, I'll nip over one day and have a chat buddy.... :)

Yeah been looking at second hand boxes, want an lad one though if that's what mine is, was maybe going to look at sending it In somewhere for the rebuild.....

Edited by ep91ash

Welcome to the site :)

Organising a Cleethorpes meet at the minute for a few weeks time, you should get yourself down to it and meet a few starlet fwwwends :p info is in the local meets sections under middlands :)

Welcome to the site :)

Organising a Cleethorpes meet at the minute for a few weeks time, you should get yourself down to it and meet a few starlet fwwwends :p info is in the local meets sections under middlands :)

I'll check the dates and see if off work, defo head down to that if I'm free..... Thanks! :)