what top speed can you manage?

So, reason for this is I've seen a few people on here and a couple of lads I know with N/A starlets that are either bog standard or with rolla mani etc that can manage atleast 110/120mph flat out and both of my starlets have struggled to get anywhere past 95/100mph.

They have been pretty damn quick to 80ish (which is all i really want) then lose all puff. I know its not very relevant only being a 1.3 and its unsafe on the public road but I want to know if theres anything i can do to help?

cheers, Sam :)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Myself and starletsr? Were having a blast down the m5 on the way back from a cribbs meets and we both hit 120 and backed off as both cars were screaming at us :)

James

HOW?!?! I dont get why mines so slow :S

what have you got done to yours mate?

Sam.

When I had mine I had a cat back system with 3inch back back, apex super filter and iridium plugs and pi 40mm springs I had complete interior with 12'' sub

Starletsr? Had a backbox, iridium plugs, pi 40mm springs and stripped out completely

We were evenly matched every time we raced so I can't see why you can't get that speed :-/ sure you clutch isn't slipping so your not getting all that NA power planted ?

James

When I had mine I had a cat back system with 3inch back back, apex super filter and iridium plugs and pi 40mm springs I had complete interior with 12'' sub

Starletsr? Had a backbox, iridium plugs, pi 40mm springs and stripped out completely

We were evenly matched every time we raced so I can't see why you can't get that speed :-/ sure you clutch isn't slipping so your not getting all that NA power planted ?

James

clutch is a little worn but not by much, still launches pretty well of the line. probably is the reason thouh...

is your throttle cable slack?

might not be opening your throttlebody fully

throttle cables tight, serviced at toyota dealership 3k ago, full straight through, k&n panel filter and lowered on coilovers. cant understand whats going on at all :/

Get it on a dyno, get afr's checked.

Mine would do 115 all day long had 118 a few times. Completely stock!

Always check ecu for error codes.

Have you got a brake sticking on?

Put a 4age in, it bury's the speedo then ;) :lol:

Edited by morgey

Well, 60mph is roughly 100kph. My car pulls good up to 160kph which would be 95mph roughly. Depending on its mood it can go up to 190kph, nearly 120mph. My car has as mods that could influence this: Corolla E11 intake mani, Glanza Spoiler and M3-look Mirrors (the latter both can affect the drag coefficient). Also I saw that if the car is full of stuff or people it doesn't accelerate that quick but reaches higher top speed. If it is just full of camping stuff in the boot (heavy tent etc, roughly 120kg all in all) it accelerates nearly as good as empty but top speed is about 10-15kph higher.

Maybe it is because of the higher weight ajd thus better traction and as the car is formed like a plane wing high speeds pull it off the ground a bit. So lowering woulld see a similar effect maybe. But really, with something in the boot it is quicker and steers more direct than with much of the stuff in the rear removed (tested it for a month).

Well, 60mph is roughly 100kph. My car pulls good up to 160kph which would be 95mph roughly. Depending on its mood it can go up to 190kph, nearly 120mph. My car has as mods that could influence this: Corolla E11 intake mani, Glanza Spoiler and M3-look Mirrors (the latter both can affect the drag coefficient). Also I saw that if the car is full of stuff or people it doesn't accelerate that quick but reaches higher top speed. If it is just full of camping stuff in the boot (heavy tent etc, roughly 120kg all in all) it accelerates nearly as good as empty but top speed is about 10-15kph higher.

Maybe it is because of the higher weight ajd thus better traction and as the car is formed like a plane wing high speeds pull it off the ground a bit. So lowering woulld see a similar effect maybe. But really, with something in the boot it is quicker and steers more direct than with much of the stuff in the rear removed (tested it for a month).

the m3 mirrors do fuck all difference except make your car look shit haha

Edited by Billy SR

the m3 mirrors do fuck all difference except make your car look shit haha

Apart from I think they look really good on a starlet because somehow they manage to follow it's form (better than on a real M3) the are way better rounded which causes the air to flow good around them, the OEM mirrors get more in the way.

But it's just my opinion, each to their own ;)

And as I think it's not allowed to remove side repeaters but I want vented wings in the future I need the ones I'v got in the mail, with side repeaters in the mirrors. German laws...

125mph all day long. A standard na will make 100 just about, a healthy na will make 110 and a corolla mani'd oil burning beast will make 110.

Power-pistonrings-aerodynamics

Your struggling with one of these. Change your oil and try again :-)