I have ordered a hks fcd to prevent fuel cut and also have ordered a high quality manual boost controller ball bearing type to prevent boost creep.

I have a ct9 turbo, stainless manifold and front mount.

1. Would I need a fuel pressure regulator if I am only running 0.8- 0.9 bar boost. I am to set it once and leave it to 0.8-0.9 bar no more no less.

******2. If I run at 0.8 do I even need the fcd or fpr?? I'm happy with using the manual boost controller for just 0.8 bar 12 psi boost.....

Thanks again appreciated its all a learning curve :)

Edited by Ep'd

Fitting sounds simple.

I only want to up my boost from 0.6 to 0.8 bar boost set the mbc once and leave it to 0.8 for a little bit more kick.

It sounds like a plan as I will be happy with 0.8 bar...

If I do this I do not need a fpr or fcd do I??

Edited by Ep'd

Ok! I cannot seem to win as mbc's apparently do not work for under 1 bar boost! I only want to up it to 0.8 bar

What happens if I go for a hks adjustable actuator and set it to 0.8 bar and leave it to that without a fpr and fcd? Will that solve my headache?

Edited by Ep'd

You'll need a FPR with the FCD, or do it properley and get a piggyback ECU for 1 bar. Cheaper than a stand alone which isn't required for 0.8/1 bar anyway. Also replace the standard actuator for an adjustable one like HKS, pretty cheap second hand and that'll control the boost quite well.

What happens if I go for a hks adjustable actuator and set it to 0.8 bar and leave it to that without a fpr and fcd? Will that solve my headache?

You'll probably hit fuel cut i think

For 0.8 bar.

Use a hks adjustable actuator.

Port the wastegate on your turbo.

Thats all.

Then add an EBC at a later date.

MBC - not worth a fuck.

FCD - accident waiting to happen.

Best thing you could do would be to add a P&P to the list aswell. Can run what boost you want on ct9 and allows you to continue modding.

Do it right do it 1ce.

I run about 0.8 bar. My car was set to that when I bought it.

I have:

HKS actuator

CT9 - Wastegate may be ported

RRFPR

HKS FCD

Standard ECU

Never hits fuel cut, runs really smoothly. I don't think the FCD is really doing anything to be honest.

Buy an emanage blue and get it mapped be safe with your engine you will just end up killing it iev seen it so many times emanage blues are cheap now a days ied rather spend a bit more on getting it mapped right than buying a new engine when it pops just my opinion tho

Ok I'm going to get a hks adjustable actuator but won't be able to afford to port my waste gate and run only 0.8 bar boost.

I think that should be ok I should not hit fuel cut or boost spike this way long as I keep it to 0.8 and no more, agree?

For 0.8 bar.

Use a hks adjustable actuator.

Port the wastegate on your turbo.

Thats all.

Then add an EBC at a later date.

MBC - not worth a fuck.

FCD - accident waiting to happen.

Best thing you could do would be to add a P&P to the list aswell. Can run what boost you want on ct9 and allows you to continue modding.

Do it right do it 1ce.

This. I ran mine for a few months at 0.8, stock ECU with above mods. Ran perfect. No need for ECU and all the rest of that overkill unless you wanna run higher boost

Who has told you MBC's don't work under 1bar? Total crap.

They also don't spike and the don't need adjusting daily. I have been running one on my TD04 setup for years and previously on my first Glanza with a high flow CT9 setup. I get more stable boost with my MBC than I did with an electronic boost controller!

Just fit the MBC, adjust it until your boosting 0.8 bar and off you go. If you start fuel cutting look at that as a separate issue.

Edited by DavidAshton

Never hits fuel cut, runs really smoothly. I don't think the FCD is really doing anything to be honest.

That's its job though, tricks the ECU into thinking everything is OK so you won't hit fuel cut, just starve the engine of fuel if the fueling isn't set right

I just thought at 0.8 bar no additional mods were necessary if you have a adjustable actuator at 0.8 bar

I'm confused!

Edited by Ep'd

Last question! Ok MBC on the way!

Just one thing I disconnect the hi low boost solenoid that's already there and do the bypass is that correct? Then plumb the mbc in.

Or can I still leave my hi low boost solenoid with hi low button still functioning with a mbc?

Edited by Ep'd
  • 2 weeks later...

Fitted my MBC what a piece of kit transformed the whole car :)

Set to 0.8 bar but sometimes rarely spiked to 0.9 occasionally but does not hit boost cut at all.

Running up to 0.9 on the occasional spike is that ok?

I don't think the factory ECU can fuel above 0.8. So despite it not hitting fuel cut, it may be running slightly lean if you know what I mean?

Would be sensible to lower it a bit, as it will defo creep when it gets colder too