brake pedal feeling spongy

when i bled my ae111 calipers they just woudnt bleed on one side .The other side took just 3-4 mins to get right ,the opposite side just wouldnt go hard. In the end i removed the bleed nipple all the way out and as it came out the caliper coughed and spluttered and the air came straight out (clearly a blockage within the nipple).

After that i blasted the inside of nipple piece with carb cleaner ,popped it back in and bled like a treat !!

hope this helps

yea the nipples are a bugger for clogging up but this would only affect the rears if you have fitted a new kit on the fronts. try re bleeding again all in the correct order, it only takes the smallest amount of air to make them spongy.

If you only have one bleed nipple on the calipers, buy two more and replace the grub screws with bleed nipples, you'll probably find the problem will go. I had this problem and it turned out the nipples were at the bottom and the little 'pockets' where the grub screws sit we're holding air and causing a spongy pedal.

I had this when i fitted my big brakes and my dad taught me an old neat trick of the trade!! With the engine off pump the pedal until it goes solid and then put something like a bar to Press the pedal down hard and leave it overnight.. This forces any air out of the aireated fluid trust me it bloody works

Oops, thought you'd got one of our kits - are you sure HiSpec got the piston size right for the car etc?

Was surprised when you said you were having a soft pedal with (what I thought was) one of our kits to be honest...

Good luck, hope HiSpec can help you find the problem.