Hey guys so this is my Fiancés Starlet SR which we picked up Monday. It's her first car and she loves it :) I was hoping she could get a jap car as I'm a jap man myself! We found the car whilst trawling through usedwolverhampton and was only in Rugeley so after work we took a trek over loved the car and came to collect it Monday :)

First things first we gave it a good clean inside and out as it was filthy! A good polish after and here was our first pic of him :)

20130813_174739_zps864c7326.jpg

It's pretty much stock besides the usual SR TTE bits and a set of MR2 alloys:)

Whilst Jess and my mom were cleaning the car I set to work fixing the drivers window. The chap we bought it off mentioned the window wouldn't go up properly, on closer inspection the front of the window had jumped out the rail. So off with the door cards and diagnosed it down to the bolts holding the mechanism to the door had come loose so managed to reseat the glass in place and tightened up the bolts :) a nice simple solution fortunately!

We were planning on keeping the original SR stickers in place on the rear arches but they had faded a lot more than we had anticipated which was ashame but at the same time Jess wanted to go for a simple clean look so we both took a side and peeled em off :)

Here's a couple pics while we were faffing

20130813_183613_zpse56bd613.jpg

Jess and my mom at work

20130813_192954_zps6a1ffb48.jpg

Back bumpers been replaced at some point so that'll get painted up soon :)

20130813_193015_zpsec05159e.jpg

The SR and my moms K11 :)

20130813_193052_zps577e3bb5.jpg

All cleaned up with the stickers removed :)

So that's the story so far, it won't progress massively just yet as the main aim at the mo is for Jess to pass her test although a few jobs we've come up with so far are

-remove rear wiper

-tint rear windows

-wind deflectors

-paint rear bumper

-paint calipers and drums (probs just black)

-lower a little more

So watch this space guys!:)

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lmao! Soo.... Is it bad i've just won a bid on Ebay for a Glanza front bumper?? I kid I kid haha!

However I have been reading up this morning, i've noticed the gearchange is quite sloppy and it appears theres bushes in the linkage that wear over time? I did see somebody by the name of JSP performance making polybush kits for them but he doesn't seem to be trading on his site anymore? I'll have a search on here i'm guessing theres other alternatives available?

This man has a way with words.

u know brother.

Lmao! Soo.... Is it bad i've just won a bid on Ebay for a Glanza front bumper?? I kid I kid haha!

However I have been reading up this morning, i've noticed the gearchange is quite sloppy and it appears theres bushes in the linkage that wear over time? I did see somebody by the name of JSP performance making polybush kits for them but he doesn't seem to be trading on his site anymore? I'll have a search on here i'm guessing theres other alternatives available?

its CJ Performance and less said about they cunts the better! whats the clutch like in her? that could be the cause of your issue

I think they are sold by a trader on ukstarletclub.co.uk

Nice tidy base to start on!

Noted: don't bring up that name on here again lol! Yer clutch seems sound, doesn't slip, bite point feels fine just the gear shifter seems quite floppy and not very positive. I did just have a quick look and noticed ID Workz were selling them but don't appear to have continued with them, they were the spherical bearing type though which seems to get mixed opinions on the net?

Must say though on the whole I do love this thing! I keep looking at things to buy and it's not even my car lmao! I've got two of my own to buy things for haha! Corolla inlet manifolds look to be a good mod too!

Welcome

Nice little car you/jess have there.

4 things that can help the sloppiness of the gear stick

1 New or poly selector bushes

2 Alloy mounts for the gearstick assembly

3 short shifter kit

4 I've not heard too much about this but on civic type R's cable tying the cables together and down helps too apparently.

Also if you decide you want the sr decals drop me a Pm I can get reps made up :)

I have a N/a bumper in 205 black if your interested. Save you the hassle of spraying yours up. Its in good nick too :)

Thanks aamir! How much you looking for it? Tbf I think your a bit far unfortunately :(

Thabks Morgey tbf the more I think about it I think it might be in the actual shifter as opposed to the linkages, ill get under the bonnet when I get 5 and investigate :)

So that's one job sorted, bumper is sorted with a massive thanks to Aamir!:) also managed to find a possible scrappy bargain which we might pick up next weekend, Corolla fanimold! :) also spunds like we may be removing the rubstrips too in the very near future :)

Edited by griffo20022

Haha ok ok! by the way Thanks for the stickers dude! I didn't open the packaging up until today hence not thanking you before!

So yer, as mentioned this turned up Wednesday...

20130822_150831_zps649cb874.jpg

Got chance to fit it today after work, i'm suprised how easy the bumpers are attached on these! Some manufacturers make a right pigs ear of things! So a bit of a pic diary..

Start:

20130823_160440_zps4977289b.jpg

Middle:

20130823_160616_zps5d0d67f3.jpg

20130823_160639_zps0e8c79c0.jpg

and the final result :) :

20130823_162418_zps761f2a79.jpg

It's a night and day difference to the look of the car! Really happy with how it's changed things! :)

Also on Wednesday me and Jess decided we'd do a couple other jobs. I started on the rear wiper removal while she began removing the rubstrips :) The rear wiper was a right c*nt! The arm had welded itself to the shaft meaning it was a little more in depth than giving an old tug! After about 10mins chopping into the wiper shaft the arm broke free :)

20130821_195856_zpse6f71ff8.jpg

after removing the motor also we end up with this..

20130821_202337_zps92cb6bad.jpg

Much cleaner imo. Unfortunately I had to keep the original bung in place while I wait for a 32mm item to arrive from the bay! Hopefully tomorrow! *fingers crossed* :)

We just need to remove the rest of the foam/glue where we removed the rubstrips now, a job I despise lol but hey ho it'll be worth it when it's done! :)

Looks perfect mate! If you need any other bits give me a shout. Got most of the body panels left. by the way change your number plates to square plates. They look far better an totally change the car. 96 spec rear lights also look better too in my opinion.

Thanks Aamir! I'm sure if we come across anything else we'll drop you a line bud! Oh yer Square plates should have been among the original list :) Also the boot carpets gonna get a good clean so take no notice of that either lol! How do '96 spec lights differ?? I was thinking maybe going all red with them?

Edited by griffo20022