Thanks! I'm not entirely sure what Momo it is or even if it's a genuine Momo! I don't think it is in all honesty! If it's not then fortunately the quality of it is still very good and doesn't feel flimsy like some replica wheels :)

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks! I'm not entirely sure what Momo it is or even if it's a genuine Momo! I don't think it is in all honesty! If it's not then fortunately the quality of it is still very good and doesn't feel flimsy like some replica wheels :)

Ah it looks mint! I prefer steering wheels that are just round, loads of momos seem to be all fancy and all I want is a circle haha. The hunt continues!

Glad it feels good though pal, at least it's a good fake! Haha

Thanks guys! Yer well tbf there was a stickerbombed "Grip Royal" style wheel on Ebay but it was just too pricey then we came across this one which suits the car far better than I can imagine the other would have done! Yer haha if it's a fake its an extremely well done fake lol! It feels great! Think we're gonna make a start cleaning under the bonnet next as we've just started on my MX5 lol!

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update. Finally got Glanza reverse lights wired up :) Also tinted the old reverse light which tidies up the back end massively IMO! No pictures as yet but slowly starting to work on cleaning under the bonnet. Now just to spend this evening cleaning the cars ready for JF2 tomorrow!

20140815_203210_zps3a813703.jpg

20140815_203242_zps815bc7a7.jpg

Couple from Japfest yesterday on our Slambox stand

IMG_97652539927436_zps7yxhmzyp.jpeg

Side by side with Michaels stunning white SR. They contrast well together :)

20140817_084402_zpspu3a57qz.jpg

Picked up a few underbonnet stuff to start tarting up the underside :)

Edited by griffo20022

Thanks guys it's getting there slowly! :)

As mentioned above one of the next areas we're working on is the engine bay, a friend of ours gave Jess a few purple dress up washers we fitted them along the slam panel and got Jess into the full swing of things so while at Japfest we bought some "Racecar parts!" Lol!

General colour theme will be purple and black so we bought more dressup bolts, new oil cap and a clean breather filter as the old one was tatty! Also today we picked up some purple graffiti paint in preperation for the rocker cover! So today after finally recovering from the stupidly early morning yesterday we made a start fitting the new dressup bolts.

Jess figuring out how to use a left handed Allen Key

20140818_190200_zps1536a3dd.jpg

And how the bay currently looks:

20140818_201008_zpsb2290c9a.jpg

We also picked up a TRS towstrap for each of the cars while at JF2 so fitted Jess's today

20140818_200912_zpsd1e61f26.jpg

So there's the starting point :) Engine will be getting degreased and cleaned up, rocker will be getting painted purple, we have new stainless rocker nuts and stainless timing cover bolts in the post so we'll see how it's looking after that :) I think a 'rolla manifold is definately in order! Also thinking of making up a heatshield for the tatting looking exhaust manifold! A nice 4-2-1 would be nice but they're big monies unless anyone knows to a decent alternative?

Haha will do dude, however the wheels will never be for sale bud :) Couple updates from the bank holiday :)

Trawling through bits n bobs on ebay Jess came across an OBX R Exhaust Manifold for sale, a few messages were batted back and forth and it turns out it was from Drongo Boi on here that used to be fitted to Carlas SR. A deal was done and on Sunday we took a road trip upto Mansfield to go collect said manifold :)

Was awesome meeting Matt (Drongo Boi) and his family and his dogs haha! Was good to meet some Starlet enthusiasts with 3 of them on the driveway haha! While we were rattling Matt mentioned about he wanted GT seats for Carlas SR, she had MR2 seats fitted and found they sat a bit low, I asked Jess to sit in them and see what she thought to the MR2 seats, Jess liked them and to cut a long story short we ended up swapping seats too lol! So Jess now has MR2 seats fitted. Love the fact they sit a little lower! Just need to give em a clean up but besides that they're awesome!

20140824_143217_zpszdveymvp.jpg

and as stated we also grabbed that awesome OBX manifold too :)

_57_zps4c726088.jpg

So today we got around to fitting it up. Along with the Manifold was provided a mid section which we ended up using, with this fitted up the car and midbox got deleted. I was a little dubious thinking this was gonna make the car sound stupidly loud however the SR still sounds civil but now sounds awesome :) it's got a lovely little trumpety rasp to it as you accelerate and the revs sweep up the clocks far quicker than the original setup! It's really freed the engine up alot! You could feel it start to hold back around 5-5.5K RPM but now will ease it's way to the limiter! It also looks a hell of a lot better than the stock manifold under the bonnet now! :) Next up is the Rocker Cover to be painted :)

20140826_175759_zps5ed063cf.jpg

Will have to get a vid up of how it's sounding now :)

Thanks bud, thanks for the pics too Matt! Yer shame you couldn't squeeze all 4 EP's in the pics haha! I'd have grabbed some myself if i'd thought about it!

Arrr well, more parts in the post lol :thumbsup: Trying to find the free time to get the rocker painted lol!