How do you Eliminate fuel cut?

My set up is green speed cluch, fpr, decat and screamer pipe full exhaust system, hks air filter and relocation kit, sard earthing kit, rx7 intercooler, jam map sensor, the fuel cut is coming in around 5k and is it bad for the engine to hit fuel cut? This is my second glanza but I'm new to all this as I never had this problem before, any help is much appreciated thanks

How much boost are you running/are you going for more power or happy with how it is?

If you're not planning on turning the boost up then just keep it at around 12psi, I can't remember the numbers now as it's been a while since I've been in the Starlet scene but if I remember rightly fuel cut is around 12.5-13 psi so as long as you keep it to 12psi you should be fine.

If you're already doing this but suffering from boost creep then you'll need to port the wastegate

But if you're planning on big power/bigger turbo/more boost then the cheapest and crudest way of doing it is to fit a fuel cut defender and a fuel pressure regulator. Alternatively you can fit a "plug and play" ECU or do it properly and fit a piggyback ECU. With 1 bar of boost on your current setup you could probably make over 170bhp quite easily.

Edited by ste91

First thing to do is get a boost gauge, just borrow one if you don't want one permanently in the car.

I wouldn't recommend a fuel cut defender but that's up to you, as above, you'll need to get the air/fuel ratio checked as running lean is bad.

It's an easy enough job if you have a dremel or you could just use a small grinding bit with a normal drill, just draw a line around the wastegate flap and then enlarge the wastegate hole being careful not to make it too big.

• 1 month later...

JAM map sensor?....interesting.

But yea itll be due to the relocated filter. Turbo cant flow the air out the backend thats coming in. Think of it like pouring loads of water in a cup with a tiny hole out that bottom - it over follows. Thats whats happening.

Either restrict the intake, exhaust, then raise the boost back up with an EBC to get it stable, or port the wastegate.

Even if you were to fit an FCD and start running more boost, you need to do this properly and not run more boost with creep. JAM FCD's / Greddy FCD's dont start leaning it out all across the rev range like the HKS ones do, but youd still need to get your fuelling checked after.