EML OFF!!!! :-D......almost problem free!

so then, done the check and it flashed continuously, NO CODES. but the engine management light STILL stays on after I've completed the check??!

so for the love of god, whats causin the idle issue?

inlet mani gasket?

hairline crack in the mani?

defo air leak related because nuthin else is givin me grief.

its irritatin to say the least.

so, any ideas?

Edited by PaulStarletSR

U sure your lambda sensor is ok?

aye its fine mate, itd give me a code for that but there was no codes at all.

just flashed continuously. so a reset the ECU, started it back up again and the fuckin light was back on permanently as before.

my old GT through engine light up with no code and it was the Lambda sensor, you can check its oscillating properly by putting a meter across two pins in the diagnostics plug but for the love of god i cannot remember which ones lol i believe its ox1 and ign- or something, looking for it flicking between 0-1v when engine is warm and revs held at 3k iirc.

my old GT through engine light up with no code and it was the Lambda sensor, you can check its oscillating properly by putting a meter across two pins in the diagnostics plug but for the love of god i cannot remember which ones lol i believe its ox1 and ign- or something, looking for it flicking between 0-1v when engine is warm and revs held at 3k iirc.

but this wouldnt cause the idle issue tho, so it cant be that.

if 1 sensor hasnt been plugged into the loom, could that because it??

I had a fiesta I done an engine change on once and that wouldn't run more than 5 mins. Spent ages chasing around to find what wrong. Changed the ecu and sorted it.

Never trust the flash codes, my old GT the eml would never come on. Even with shit unplugged and hitting fuel cut

I know how to fix it!

Take the bulb oot

your a dick charlie!built ma hopes up there lol

I had a fiesta I done an engine change on once and that wouldn't run more than 5 mins. Spent ages chasing around to find what wrong. Changed the ecu and sorted it.

Never trust the flash codes, my old GT the eml would never come on. Even with shit unplugged and hitting fuel cut

il c if i can borrow sum1s ecu to see if theres any change

but this wouldnt cause the idle issue tho, so it cant be that.

if 1 sensor hasnt been plugged into the loom, could that because it??

yeah cause it can, if its chucking too much fuel in or not enough when idling. obv on throttle it doesnt use the lambda so problem doesnt show.

other than that id go with the carb cleaner around joints ext.

aye boys, got the last wee sensor so will try again when the rain stops.

charlie il try the ecu thing mate, il fone u about poppin up to grab urs for a shot. fuckin hope this is the issue as im done with this pish tbh, just want her runnin smooth.