So guys,

Recently (like yesterday lol), decided to ring up my insurance company,

Flux direct!, Now didn't mind speaking to a "flux babe" on the phone ;), However!!

I asked about listing my modifications, and she done a check. The quote come back saying they couldnt quote me so i had to be transferred to another department.

After being transferred to another department, I was then told....

"It is unacceptable that i have modified my car!"

In which my policy has been cancelled and i have a week to find new cover.

So i rang up about getting them to stop and i have to put my car back to standard and remove everything!

So mods might be up for sale, eg, Rota's, Tanabe Coilovers, Strut brace, Steering wheel.

:thumbsup:

I think it would have been wiser to ring them up before you started putting mods on to check they can cover you with them on :)

Easy to say now yeah mate, didnt really think it would be much of a problem :(

Why don't you just keep them and fit them later on? I doubt they will come and check :-/ or just find new cover and don't tell them about the mods that what most people do until they hit the age of being able to declare mods :)

James

i have to send them photo's of the car inside and out! :(, and was thinking about leaving just to be able to get insured with mods

Flux are crap! When I last spoke to them about engine swaps they didn't have a clue what I was trying to tell them. One call to sky and they knew exactly what I was going on about and quoted me on the spot.

That's bad news having your insurance canceled. Can make it harder to get cover again

Why dont you jus get insurance elsewhere flux are an absolute rip off anyway. I certainly wouldnt be sacrificing the mods.

Yeah was thinking that mate, although ill lose 4 months no claims and have to pay £237 cancellation fee

Flux are crap! When I last spoke to them about engine swaps they didn't have a clue what I was trying to tell them. One call to sky and they knew exactly what I was going on about and quoted me on the spot.

That's bad news having your insurance canceled. Can make it harder to get cover again

Well mate, trying to put it back to standard so they dont cancel it and ill do it myself later on

Why don't you just keep them and fit them later on? I doubt they will come and check :-/ or just find new cover and don't tell them about the mods that what most people do until they hit the age of being able to declare mods :)

James

Ever so clever but that means your driving on void insurance, basically uninsured.

Yeah cheers guys, dont really want to give up on the mods just yet as i spent time saving and working hard to get them!

Just gonna have to sort out with flux and find someone else,

by the way IM ONLY 3RD PARTY F@F :(

Dude cut your loses and get new insurance and don't make the same mistake to tell them about mods :)

You haven't had insurance long have you?

James

4 months ive passed my test mate :/

Try elephant.

Put mum dad uncle aunties all with a decent amount of years driving and ncbs on. I have three people on mine, just quote then remove them one by one seeing that it does Definately go down (most do) wouldn't reccomend older generations on there as it can raise it.

Maybe take your pass plus,

try fully comp it actually works out cheaper a lot of the time.

Value your car at the higher of the value scale, £5k ish worth of car is cheaper to insure (I guess they think you'll take better care)

Higher excess, drive safer.

Elephant does it all on a 10 month policy so you get ncbs quicker!!!

Edited by TurboTobz

Please can people stop trying to encorage "blagging" the insurance! If you have an accident your policy is VOID! Big boys insure their cars properly. And people wonder why premiums are high??

Edited by shorty

Please can people stop trying to encorage "blagging" the insurance! If you have an accident your policy is VOID! Big boys insure their cars properly. And people wonder why premiums are high??

This

You are a new driver, you'll struggle to get insurance with mods so just don't do it.

We have all been there so just sit it out until the no claims allow.

It does get better. For example, I'm insured an a K20 DC2 Integra now for less than 30% of my 1st year on a standard 1.2 Clio.

Just to check that wasn't aimed my way was it? Everything I listed is legal, just wondering dude