Extended wheel studs (track use)

Hello people! got a question for you, basically i plan to track my car soon, the wheels i have gone for are keiichi tsuchiya alloys and the offset is pretty high, therefore i need to space them abit. after speaking to bolts bolts and him help me out loads i thought id chuck up a thread to see if extended wheel studs are safe to run on track? they are made from 10.9 grade steel.

Also I only plan to run 10mm spacers on the rear as the fronts are fine with 5mm

Please only definitive answers please, not oh I'd never do that because my dads brothers sisters dogs friend told me! Lol

Thanks in advance :)

Youll be fine as long as you have open ended wheel nuts so that you can tighten them right down

Check! I already have them. A trader on Civiclife sells arp ones for £8 each! I really don't fancy paying that lol so ill go with the others which are £2.50 each and made of grade 10.9 steel :)

tracked mine with big spacers and extended bolts,no issues

you should look the shearing/breakage strength online man,u will be shocked.

Shocked in a good way? Lol

i use 20mm spacers all round and tracked mine and all is good

With extended nuts? Which ones mate?

Because they are physically bolted to the hub giving you a thicker hub. Instead of a longer bolt and a spacer plate which will have more stress and load on the longer stud. Id personally be happier spending the extra on the hubcentric spacers than taking the cheaper option amd having a bolt fail. I used 20mm hubcentrics on my old v and they gave me far more confidence than the longer bolts n plate option. I have 2 mates who have lost wheels on the longer bolts and plates. And both where only on the road not track. On track the stress is even greater on the wheels as you know.