Interesting Todd.

How much is a WMS kit? I can't seem to find prices for their kit.

Basically i'm unsure whether to buy a kit I.e wms OR just get new discs, good pads, good lines and a fluid change.

Obviously the big brake kit will be better, but the other option will be cheaper and work better than mine now.

Halp pls.

All depends how you drive tbh. If you drive like a fanny and brake right at the last minute you can't expect a small brake area to provide the sufficient clamping force you need. Likewise if you do a fair bit of track work where the brakes are going to be getting hammered every couple of hundred meters.

If its just a car you use on the road then just stick with the stock brakes and change your driving style slightly.

I would choose DS2500 pads :)

Edited by AdamB

Na i'm not a late braker, bun dat.

I just like the look of a nice big brake kit, and the idea of having it on tap. But i'm sure some good good pads, discs, lines and fluid will be sufficient enough for the road.

I drive the car when I can I guess, it doesn't get used much but when I go for a run it gets abused but I have to hold back because of the brakes. They are shocking, I think bmx brakes would be better than mine lol.

I run a 275WMS kit with Feredo DS2500 pads and they are the best mod I've made for drivability give you so much more confidence when you know you can stop the thing in a hurry if you need too.

Cannot remember the exact price but think it was about £650

Go for the calipers of the ST185. Bigger single piston calipers, and you use Vauxhall astra discs. They are quality, and will cost you around £200 all in! You'll probably spend that on new stuff to stay stock!

This

Im the same as liam, got the 277x25mm kit braided lines ds2500 pads and from somewhere else motul 600 fluid.

Wms was about £623 fluid another £20ish

The reason i upgraded was because i cooked my brakes on a 20minute track seasion

Before then just for road use i had braided lines, good brand discs and high temp fluid and yellow stuff pads. The yellows did need a little bit of heat but were good after the first bit of braking. But ds2500's seem a better pad IMO

Edited by morgey