Forged v or another Evo?

Would just like to see what people with high spec glanzas and others would do in my situation.

The glanza currently stands at the point with td04 etc, ksports, only a stage 2 forged engine away from being in my eyes complete. Now the plan was to sort out all parts over the winter and have it up and run in by next year.

Question being, do I want to stop where I am now - sell up and return to another Evo. I really like the glanza and for what I do currently which is a 25 mile round trip everyday it is perfect, before people ask why bother forging then it is because I do not find it as quick as I want.

Now the previous Evo was a show spec 6 running a tt s205b 503/425 @ 1.9 bar. My only problem is that I promised myself the next 6 would push the 550 barrier. As many know with high spec cars the pleight of the double/triple plate clutch and pottering around makes daily very arduous.

The Evo is bigger, more presence and better if another little family member pops up - the glanza ATM and especially with becoming forged would be easier and very fun. Would people plod the money into the glanza or sell up Evo buy and go from there?

I do not want any other car options - these are the only two options for a few years until the r34 gtr.

Money for the build, insurance and running costs are not really relevant. Although 10-14mpg with the Evo makes you Shells favourite customer haha.

Opinions, thoughts, experiences welcome. Please no ridiculous comments. Many thanks

James

Personally I find it hard to compare they are both very different cars. I know you say running costs arent important but ofcourse they are especially in this climate fuel tax and insurance is only getting more expensive.

Starlet will be cheaper on all 3 and with fuel heading well over 1.50 p/l Id have to say the 14mpg from the evo would be enough to put me off. I almost bought an EvoX this year and only avoided it due to the mileage I do.

Not just that but the evo is 4wd meaning more tyres, more brakes, more cv joints, more parts to go wrong in all. At the end of the day both cars have their positives and negatives and can both achieve big power and a fast car.

As much as you say it doesnt matter the biggest factor is going to be cost and unless you have a money well its what does matter most in the end.

Get the starlet forged in my eyes.

Evo's are every where these days, so common.

Yeah they are nice cars, but I would rather have a 400bhp starlet any day over a evo.

People expect a evo to be quick, they don't expect a little car like a starlet to be. ;)

My opinion is an Evo all day everyday there a car I've always wanted to own an i have been in a couple of very well spec'd ones one with 500bhp and another with 580bhp N with the right set up the power and the deliver of them is amazing what a car

Its a tough decision I think, I was thinking the same as you not too long ago I ended up sticking with the starlet because of the cost really my buddy had a 500 hp evo 7 and it broke his heart every couple of weeks something went or broke. But I still would prefer a bigger car, the starlets lightness and power to weight is unreal plus people just expect a starlet to be that fast

Thanks for all the comments so far.

A massive upside for me currently is how easy the starlet is to drive around in. Would be nice to push 300 in the starlet and enjoy it when I can actually put the power down.

Will keep the Evo on the back burners...in the long run I can always break the starlet, or just add a big garrett in the front for fun and try to get near 400. Have to say didn't think I would love the starlet after the Evo but keeping me from buying another must mean something.

The idea of the ep95 is appealing though rare as rocking horses teeth.