holy shit balls! what car to get?? becoming very difficult

I've owned a single turbo RX7, S14, GT-Four, and whilst the old Japanese stuff is cool to look at, they are decades apart from my E46 M3 in terms of build quality, comfort, reliability and day to day performance.

My brother has a 350z, it looks ok, sounds nice but is dreadful on fuel and i think it's fit and finish inside is really bad as well. Hard plastics all over, shitty buttons, etc.

If you buy something new like the Ibiza you're buying at the top of it's depreciation curve, you stand to lose thousands of pounds if you buy one now.

Edited by T11MNM
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what i've read from owners on a few forums is 45mpg is a dream.. Low 20's is a lot more likely. There is loads of documented instances of the 1.4TSI using Ridiculous amounts of oil and the engine being quite weak.

holy fuck beans.. low 20!! this is very weird.. why would they put 45mpg then? heard the engine oil been used...

hmmmm dunno what to do....

Drink oil like an RX8 and have a habit of going pop by all accounts, however I've never owned one just going by the general consensus of my mates!

10k is a gooooood budget, I'd saim for something different and lairy if it's a project.

Going off my experience of VAG's, theyre all a bit dull. Even my mates Leon Cupra is uber boring considering it's spec.

spec-d-tuning-infiniti-g35-coupe-10.JPG

^ They can be picked up for 5k, and look epic with a lil work ;)

yea dude never ever wanted to move away from jap tbh but theres nothing I want... that is LUSH but like said they seem to be shit on fuel...

also no turbo... seen a nice blue one go for 5k actually in my area dammn..

I've owned a single turbo RX7, S14, GT-Four, and whilst the old Japanese stuff is cool to look at, they are decades apart from my E46 M3 in terms of build quality, comfort, reliability and day to day performance.

My brother has a 350z, it looks ok, sounds nice but is dreadful on fuel and i think it's fit and finish inside is really bad as well. Hard plastics all over, shitty buttons, etc.

If you buy something new like the Ibiza you're buying at the top of it's depreciation curve, you stand to lose thousands of pounds if you buy one now.

agreed was looking at spending 10k on a ibiza LOL...

think the 350z is worse than the supra on fuel??

Considering the size of the lump 350's arent too bad on fuel. My mates selling a 550bhp one for £9k come to think of it, not advertised he's just waiting for the right offer. Supercharged, decent stance etc. Can get from Birmingham to London on £15 of super unleaded apparently.

If you paid £5k for a G35 you could turbo it with the remaining 5k...

On a side note. Mazdaspeed AZ-1 ;) just for the giggle factor!

Edited by Addymk2

Why did you get rid of the black Glanza?

got bored as fuck like I do... noisey..not comfy......inteiror in starlets SUCK..paint work was shit... needed more work done and I thought enough is enough could spend 20k on it and its a starlet...

want somthing more comfy

crazy money for a TT... would have to be a single turbo this time...

Same boat at you legend but can't decide!! 350z won't be any worse than a Supra TBH.

hmmmmmmm... what have you got in mind dude?

I'm all for Nissan, like the skylines etc.

But the 350z is just like a stretched and flatter micra. They're fucking rank and shit slow standard! Sound nice though..

I'd be looking at going to sva imports or something, they had/have a 800bhp supra for 9k................

I'd be going at least 1000 Miles awat from SVA. Cars are rough as...and anyone with half a brain should know you don't get a good 800hp Supra for 9k!

Those might be abit slow compared to his glanza but most cars would be

What about an old sierra cosworth, r32, r33 gtr old audi quattro

E46 M3 might feel slow in a straigh line but its a far better all round car!

Old cars come with their issues...

My short list at the moment for a 10k budget is:

E46 M3

Megane 250RS (Best FWD performance car on the market TBH)

E39 M5

Evo 6

R32 GTR

Rx7

Pretty much in that order... Need to do some test driving thats for sure. The megane is the odd one out as its more than 10k, but a fantastic handling car.

Edited by Rubix_Cube

I'd be going at least 1000 Miles awat from SVA. Cars are rough as...and anyone with half a brain should know you don't get a good 800hp Supra for 9k!

E46 M3 might feel slow in a straigh line but its a far better all round car!

Old cars come with their issues...

My short list at the moment for a 10k budget is:

E46 M3

Megane 250RS (Best FWD performance car on the market TBH)

E39 M5

Evo 6

R32 GTR

Rx7

Pretty much in that order... Need to do some test driving thats for sure. The megane is the odd one out as its more than 10k, but a fantastic handling car.

How about a v8 s4?

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/audi/s4/audi-a4-b6-avant-s4-great-condition-reduced-2003/1573206

996 c4

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/porsche/911-carrera-996/porsche-911-996-carrera-4----------------1999/1563232

I really fancy a facelifted mini cooper s jcw. But that doesnt really fall into your budget (or mine!) lol

Can easily get an r32 gtr for under 10k. But whether you want to spend the daily costs is another story!

What about something like an s15?

Ps theres a red glanza for sale up here for around £3k.

I really fancy a facelifted mini cooper s jcw. But that doesnt really fall into your budget (or mine!) lol

Can easily get an r32 gtr for under 10k. But whether you want to spend the daily costs is another story!

What about something like an s15?

Ps theres a red glanza for sale up here for around £3k.

what it look like? pics spec? 98?

Got an A4 at the moment as a daily and Its good but I don't think a performance varient would be to my taste. I'm looking for a hot hatch/coupe performance car.

Never considered a Porsche TBH... might creep into the list.