Hello I'm going to be using a 4efte engine in a project of mine and eventualy making it 4wd with either ep85 or 95 running gear was wondering if I need only the transfer box or the hole gearbox/transfer box off the donar car? So basically my question is can you bolt the transfer box off a ep85/95 straight onto a 4efte gearbox?

Thanks

I found a thread on the net where some guy scrapped an 85 and use the drivetrain on a mini with a 5e! If it can fit a mini im sure itll fit an ep91 chassis without too much work

I've seen similar done with floor pan changes, like the mk7 cosworth fiesta if you've ever seen that?

That was going to be my next question Daniel haha do you have any tips on how to get stuff over here apart from going out there and importing it yourself?

I dont im afraid mate, that box is out of my 85 im just changing the clutch.

I doubt jap spares places would even have these boxes etc just sitting about, even if they did the cost to get heavy stuff here would be insane !!

The only real way is to buy a full car, idealy one already in the country to save hassles of importing.

Ye there's really not many of them about I do want to take a trip to Japan one day may combine the trip with a bit of scrap yard challenge haha and this is for a classic mini engine conversion as well I no it's been done in Australia not sure if its been done in the uk yet though

ive seen a mini clubman at a show at santa pod with the running gear out of one of those 4wd daihatsu avenzato things lol. something like a 600cc engine but lots of mods and making summit like 180bhp with 4wd in a mini and it was insane - dude reckoned literally nothing would touch it round the streets. so ep85 running gear with say a td04 setup in a mini lol that would just be ridiculous haha

Edited by richglanzav
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ohh dear, thats not promising lol, as far as im aware most of the internals are the same as a turbo box, like the syncros and most of the gears themselves. You still got the standard 1st gear ?

13.4 is a solid time man, whats the spec ?

Theres hardly any 4paws on the road lol, its Beans old one youve got yeah ?

Ive got about 8 boxes in pieces from my gt so hopefully make something work then haha :) 250bhp hrf td05 tmd forged 4e engine!

I was pleased with it had a passenger and too much fuel aswell

I did enjoy using as a daily for a bit, how it puts the power down and endless grip compared to the gt's!

Yeah its beans old 1! Even though its broke it still makes me smile when I walk in the garage haha :D

Ive got about 8 boxes in pieces from my gt so hopefully make something work then haha :) 250bhp hrf td05 tmd forged 4e engine!

I was pleased with it had a passenger and too much fuel aswell

I did enjoy using as a daily for a bit, how it puts the power down and endless grip compared to the gt's!

Yeah its beans old 1! Even though its broke it still makes me smile when I walk in the garage haha :D

You should be able to sort something out with all those boxes then haha. I was very surprised with the grip aswell, even on the 13" skinnys it had on. Cant wait to feel the grip under turbo power :D

You should get a quick build thread fired up man :)

You should be able to sort something out with all those boxes then haha. I was very surprised with the grip aswell, even on the 13" skinnys it had on. Cant wait to feel the grip under turbo power :D

You should get a quick build thread fired up man :)

Yeah with a bit of luck! It will be worth the work definatley! Going to get mine fixed up ready if it snows lol!

Ive had my gt 7 years now always planned to do a build thread but never got round to it lol