Hello all! New 70 series owner

Hello All, im posting on behalf of my girlfriend Athena as she doesnt get on forums much and i will end up doing most of the work on the car anyway. this will be my first time working on a toyota. i currently own a 1991 honda civic shuttle, ive mainly owned 4th gen civics and CRXs and 180sx & 200sx nissans.

anyway im James from Ipswich Suffolk, and this is Athenas Starlet!

E Reg GL its had 2 owners from new inc Athena. she got it from an old women who sadly passed away. she had owned it from new and only covered 22k in all the years of ownership!. the car had been garaged most of its life and was maintained at her local garage (which my uncle owns) so he new the car inside and out anyway.

heres a few pictures

1240466_654762977875567_1119168871_n_zps

1240640_654762731208925_1162720791_n_zps

1260873_654762917875573_194279916_n_zpsf

1235121_654762947875570_1265907337_n_zps

at the moment its currently used a a daily, Athena also has a 4th gen Civic Sedan Import as her Weekend/ Summer Car. so the miles will start to rack up which is a shame.

the car does need the body work sorting, rust is minimal apart from some on the bottle of the doors. but has a few parking dings/dents and scraps but we will sort this out as we go along. just need to start to modify it it. plans are to get it lower as it handles abit like a boat, wider wheels and a few other little bits.

ive been doing a bit of searching around, most starlet suspension will fit wont it? ie coilovers off the new models? also i want to change the steering wheel, do the boss kits off the newer starlets fit? any recommendations of mods to do? or things to replace. as its being used as a daily and the better mpg the better an engine swap isnt on the cards yet but maybe next year :)

James

Welcome chap. Car looks mint. I really like the 70series. If only someone has a Si or R tucked away in a garage..... Starlet longevity is bloody great isn't it. I often chortle to myself as I trundle past new (mostly French & Italian) cars broken down on side of road. Maybe you could start a thread in projects section?

Edited by dazstarlet

Nice tidy car she has there mate. Yes the hub boss off a later one should also fit as does the celica hub boss too iirc. Only thing id sujest is to upgrade the little 1e engine to a 1.3 out of a ep80gli or an ep91 na at a later stage as i do find the little 1e engines a tad underpowered for big hills etc and the fuel consumption isnt all that different really. Will be a bit of work required to do the swap though but mostly fuel lines and wiring as all mounts etc are the same.