Brake Conversion's & Bigger setup...

Hi again people,

I am looking into getting some better brakes for the Glanza.

I was wondering has anybody ever put Subaru setup's onto Starlets ?

Also anybody know a price for a full set up from WMS as i cant get a reply and their page doesnt pen correctly on my browser.

Cheers people

i had an ae111 setup on the front of mine and even they were more braking power than you will ever need.

they were savage and on my brands trackday they worked flawlessly and only got better with more punishment on the 100+ track miles i totted up.

the whole setup cost me just over £300.

would recommend hugely

My WMS kit totalled £620ish I think

That was lines calipers discs ds2500 pads, is a fantastic kit never had any issues with fade since fitting them, only thing I would suggest is grooved discs as mine squeal and this was mentioned upon ordering them

I am useing the St185 calipers with yellow stuff pads braided hoses 5.1Toyota fluid and they are awesome i havent yet felt brake fade!!! And i give them some abuse! Couldnt ask for better brakes for the money tbh! Pluss if i ever need a rebuild kit in the near future i can always get hold of the kits without relying on traders that are never on line etc or if they go bust for what ever reason!

For what it's worth our T20 caliper was designed around motorsport industry standard parts to help customer confidence - so you can use the same piston seals, bleed nipples (and maybe pistons, never looked into that) split pins and pads as Wilwood (for instance) and several other mfrs use - and it's very unlikely we'll all vanish at once!

For people asking about prices, it's all in the WMS section - the link is in the possibly over-subtle sig below my posts! :D

The area people most often forget about where motorsport-bred brakes also help over OEM stuff (inc OEM 4 pots) is weight - less unsprung weight is well worth having as you get better grip = better cornering, better braking and harder acceleration. I've seen OEM calipers that weigh more than a 15" alloy, just daft!

Tbh it depends on if you're planning on tracking your car, my car was fine on my previous setup on the road and I drove it pretty hard, 20mins on track and they were done.

Id imagine lighttrack work st185 or ae111 twin pots would be fine, but full days with plenty of abuse you would soon find the limit lol

Aluminium is after all better at dissipating heat a is larger amounts of material and surface areas.

I have to say I ve had the WMS kit for a good 4 years or possibly longer and I haven't got a bad word to say about them. Ordering disks or pads from keri has been a pleasure to. I even had to order some new bolts as I managed to lose them when changed to the EP95.

whats the cost of getting a WMS setup on the car and ready to go?

i never been able to get a definitive price.

(well i say never, but i think i knew what they cost when they were originally released but that was 3-4 yrs ago!? )

Phil