Show me your wire tucked engine bays.

I have a lot of free time at the moment as I was recently made redundant. So whilst I'm on the job hunt I want to tidy my engine bay up.

I'm going to start with wire tucking, so any useful tips would be great.

Next the polisher is coming out, will be doing the rocker cover and ITB's.

Best way to tidy it is rip all the tape off and pull each plug and its wiring out individually then laying it Back where you need it just neater.

With a bit more time and effort the injectors can be spun around and the wiring run under the inlet or fuel rail.

Also move the sensors off the bulkhead lower down to hide them.

With a Bit more time and effort you could make new brakelines and run them lower down so they are out of site, will also clean the bulkhead uo loads. :)

Best way to tidy it is rip all the tape off and pull each plug and its wiring out individually then laying it Back where you need it just neater.

With a bit more time and effort the injectors can be spun around and the wiring run under the inlet or fuel rail.

Also move the sensors off the bulkhead lower down to hide them.

With a Bit more time and effort you could make new brakelines and run them lower down so they are out of site, will also clean the bulkhead uo loads. :)

Or use a pedal box and get rid of the master cylinder and servo on the bulkhead :p

Man.

This would be an epic thread if someone did a how to with pics.

EPIC :D

Come on someone do one?

It's hard to do a how to, as everyone keeps different things, plus some of the wiring and plugs vary from certain years.

The best thing to do is to look at wiring diagrams to understand what you can and can't remove from the loom, then its just a case of moving everything out the way. Moving the fusebox is the main thing to clear up.

• 2 weeks later...

Only seeing this now. Looks well mate!

I've started tidying things up a bit. Cleared a few bits and pieces of the bulkhead. Tucked a few things out of sight. Hidden the Map sensor. Will post up a few photos when I have a moment.

Have been cracking on with this, I'm not going to be relocating the fuse box. Too much hassle for me.

I can understand why there isn't a how to, would be a complete pain in the ass trying to take photos as you go along. Will post the end result soon.

I think easiest time to do it is while doing am engine swap. While the engine is out unplug everything (but mark it where it goes) and if possible sleeve it like in a modded PC. But not the modern single cable sleeving, rather the normal sleeve a bunch of cables that are to go together. That's what I would do or rather will do if I ever get the chance and money to really build up my car.