Help - broken down - SOLVED

Was on the motorway doing 70mph, the engine management light came on, car shuddered.

Starts fine, as soon as there is any load put on the engine, light flashes and clicking noise comes from glove box area.

Any suggestions?

Edited by chrisgreen1993

Sounds like it could be a relay of some description if theres something clicking, but check the obvious stuff first. Are you still n/a? If so you wont actually have a king lead like mentioned.

Do a diagnostics test also to see what that brings up.

Edited by RobSR

Edged her home, 30 miles of constant cutting out at 30mph. It felt like the engine wanted to rev, but kept cutting.

Just performed a diagnostics and it threw up rpm signal & TPS. - I always get the TPS error code anyway as I don't have one connected. RPM signal looks like the problem as the rev counter was all over the show.

Cheers for the input guys, will check the MAP sensor tomorrow. No king lead on mine, still N/A.

I should also note, loads of flames about 3-4 ft out the exhaust (as described by my mate).

Edit: Just brought it up on Autodata -

Untitled_zps47b3ace5.png

Untitled_zps9710b155.png

Edited by chrisgreen1993

Went out this morning to have a look. Found the problem within five minutes.

WP_20131007_002_zps92e4da2a.jpg

This is where the TPS use to be connected to. I did have it tucked aware, but it has came loose and got caught in something.

As TPS are expensive and hard to come by, I decided to make use of what I had. So out came the Triumph TPS.

I started by bringing up the wiring diagrams for the Starlet TPS.

Untitled_zpsa9e07260.png

I had a search for the Triumph wiring diagrams too, and about 30mins later I had this.

WP_20131007_003_zps52fc57ab.jpg

WP_20131007_004_zps32a9c03e.jpg

Yes it's not tidy, but it works.

Next up, reset the trouble codes, let it warm up and took it for a spin. Bridged the ports again, no error codes at all = win :D

On another note, seems to run better too.