Glanza Crash Damage :(

I'm sad to say it but had a little incident with my car the other day and need some ideas throwing around the park!

Ended up sliding and hitting a pavement with the side of my drivers wheel. It ended up breaking my driverside alloy and the front cross member took damage aswel as the intercooler piping. My Driverside wheel was forced inwards so my wheels were toed right in.

Took it back to work to sus out the extent of the damage. The first thing I did was replace the Offside suspension strut, this didnt fix the toe problem but it did seem to slightly fix the negative camber but not back to the fully uproight position. Next on my list was to replace the steering rack as i didnt know the extent of the internal damage of the rack. Again that seemed to slightly fix my problem but the wheels still aren't straight, even when i adjust the tie rod ends all the way in (probably straight enough to drive, but obviously the problem still exists).

All of the chassis looks fine, apart from the damage to the cross member, and so does all of the major components connecting the wheels. The driveshafts look straight, the wishbones looks fine, the anti roll bar is unchanged and after many hours of looking there isn't any major signs metal creasing or bolts leaving clean areas where they have moved.

I really dont know what else to try other than taking my car to the local accident and repair place to see what they say, it's either that or i'm going to be looking for a pretty intact rolling shell :(

(replacing the wishbone ball joints on the effected side tomorrow when it arrives at work)

Please feel free to say any suggestion,

Brendon

Here is a Picture of the damage to the front:

carrr.jpg

Got a few more photos of what it's like now.

DSC_1215.jpg

DSC_1216.jpg

DSC_1217.jpg

DSC_1218.jpg

DSC_1219.jpg

DSC_1222.jpg

DSC_1220.jpg

Going to get a quote on jigging tomorrow.

Edited by brendonware
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it was me i would be looking for another shell! I just think when you've crashed a car it will never feel the same no matter what you do to it!

So if you can find a good shell at a good price go for it

The more i do to the car the more i'm thinking about reshelling it, but finding one is another story. The only thing stopping me is the time it would take and that if it is only a small reason why its out then i would rather it (for now) as a faster fix. luckily i work at a car parts place where i have access to all the tools i would need!

Thanks for the response! :)

Brendon

The problem is what would i do with my car now? i'd be left with a part bent/useless shell.

Also finding the space and time, im going to have to ask my boss if i can store it at work :/

How hard is it to swap the engine and mods? i'd be worried about doing the ecu wiring and getting it back to what it was. It happened the day after i got back from tuning developments :( after a £900 reciept :p

Brendon

Edited by brendonware

If you buy a glanza to reshell then it's a case of taking the engine out of the new one and the same with the white one and then dropping it into the new shell and off you go ........,... If you buy an n/a to drop the turbo in well that's a hole different ball game !!!!

As for the ecu ........ Another £900 bill from TD is the best way lol

Or you find a decent glanza with better engine than yours ( lower mileage ) and just swap the mods over and sell the engine and spares from your white one :)

James

yeah that sounds like the best option, buying one with lower miles then somehow getting the emanage and EBC over :/ think i can do the rest of the mods as i did them in the first place :p the problem is A, finding a standard glanza with low mileage and B, having the money up front :/

Only got to drive it after the map to 222bhp for a few hours :p

Brendon

Sell your mums Audi lol sure she wouldn't mind lol

Your have to go on a proper himt for a decent one with low mileage, but would be worth it :) emanage and EBC cut them out and get TD to refit them

That's ashame after a good outcome :-/ hooning it were you ? Lol

James

Edited by jimmymac101

Yeah, Looks like im just going to have to keep an eye out for a nice shell/glanza.

I'm even tempted to just break my car for parts as it is :/ and sell up and get a pulsar :(

either that or just try and get someone to buy the whole thing as "crashed"

It was tipping down with rain, driving around a corner and got lift off oversteer as there is no weight over the rear end :( and my front bearings were on their last legs especially after the 4 hour motorway trip back from TD :(

i did the same the other day, wrote off a pretty damn rare car. (not the starlet luckily) back end came out then went the other way, held it for ages but just clipped a kerb with the rear right which sent me spinning the other way ended up smashing my drivers A piller/front wheel on a chevron sign after 360ing it :( thing thats more annoying is i wasnt even going that fast, not like if i were in either of my other cars, that and it was less than a mile from home!

car looks fine on the shut outs etc and just about drives but but the wheel is cambered and toed out so theres some serious damage there, the door has dropped and theres a dent in the chassis rail from the pole i hit. it could be fixed but i doubt it would ever be the same so im cutting my losses and selling up. ill make my money. hopefully will be able to keep some of the parts but the bits i want total over 1k of what ill recoup so chances are they'll have to go!

If it were a starlet id buy another shell and swap it all over but its not so i cant!