• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers Bildo :thumbsup:

Never heard of them before

Where can they be bought from? what is the piping route like?

Gary

eBay mate, or here: http://www.toyosports.co.uk/fmic-toyota-st...22999-842-p.asp

I think it's a copy of the japspeed or autobahn fmic kits, I can't remember which one, but whichever one doesn't have the 90 degree bends!

No problem mate, you'll have to wait for Joe's opinion on how well it performs and other questions about the piping etc as I'm not aware of anyone else that has this kit.

Seems to be the same as the ones previously mentioned at a more reasonable price though.

looks real nice bud, the cooler sits behind the bumper lovely, thats just how you wanted it(no mullered bumper)

Yeah man you know. Didn't have to take anything off the bumper apart from obviously the surface the number plate sits against.

Really happy with this kit, the piping is a bit different to the hdi kit (longer hotside route) but this doesn't really bother me. Really noticeable difference in sound and the boost just feels more lively, especially pulling away stationary. So yeah its a reccomendation to anyone on a tight budget.

Cheers for the feedback, uprated manifold next :thumbsup:

Joe

Bout time on the mani :ph34r: lol

FMIC looks awsome mate, not a fan of the kits that have the piping from the cooler angled downwards though.

Keep it up

Im not a fan either mate but hdi you get severe bumper lossage and anything else your looking at a fair few hundred quid.

Plus i swear its not quite as low as some i've seen, will be easily hidden when i get a lip :(

Joe

• 1 month later...

Small update:

New autobahn radiator fitted due to stock one had a hole in it and coolant pissed out everywhere. Can you spot the other addition to the bay???:

dsc00051c.jpg

Yep that's right,

I decided it was time to get rid of the stock efi pipe and sort myself out with a front mounted filter

dsc00042gh.jpg

dsc00043v.jpg

dsc00044k.jpg

All pics taken with my new Sony Ericsson w995 8.1mp camera :)

Hopefully will be getting an uprated manifold at the end of the month when i get paid

Joe

looking good man. did you notice the difference when you re located the filter?

Cheers mate. Yeah i noticed a difference. A lot of it was noticeable due to the boost starting to creep a bit but gonna get boost controller for this and wind the actuator down a bit for the meantime. The noise changes lots too both on spool up and dumping :)

Joe

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Latest update;

GLANZA FOR SALE!!!! :( needs to go in the next two weeks or so as i've now got two kids and am looking for a bigger car.

Proper gutted as I really want to continue with the project but needs must and all that.

Got a few little niggles which are the following:

*hairline crack in mani and decat

*passenger cv joint clicking

*usual stone chips and some scratches on paint work.

*cd changer stopped working (16 years old lol)

*slow oil leak, not losing much, have been told the front main oil seal may need replacing soon, which ive been quoted £50 not including parts.

Flew through last m.o.t expires end of october. Mileage now on 129,000kms (79k miles-ish) tax til november.

Spec list:

exedy organic clutch (£250)

fmic (£250)

front mount air filter (£80)

alloy racing rad (£170)

wepr mild steel mani (£290)

forge bov (£75)

14" jdm wheels sprayed in black (came with car)

clear indicators

s/s decat (£70)

straight thru exhaust (£280)

fse rrfpr (£60)

omp replica wheel (£65)

chrome momo gear knob (£25)

boost gauge (£30)

carbon style dial surround

Will also come with:

*spare hybrid turbo, oil seals are gone tho

*original top mount intercooler

*dastek unichip ecu - needs mapping but cost me a fair bit

*greddy type-s bov, (havent been able to get the adapter for it, but the bov set me back a fair bit)

To be honest I want it gone within the next 2-3 weeks, so im open to offers, not after a lot for her tho. Dont really know what shes worth to be honest.

So come on, grab a bargain.

Joe

Edited by joe-ep91