*UPDATE*

Had my CT9 hybrid fitted on sunday with a massive thankyou to Alexgtadv for doing the hard work. Couldn't do it at mine because i dont have any tools or space. After only a couple of hours, the hybrid was back on and boosting hard, but i wanted more boost so another hour or so of dropping the little pin from the actuator on the floor and almost losing it about 6 times and tweaking it etc shes boosting at about 12psi/0.8 bar. Still desperately need to get uprated mani, front mount and filter relocation but will hopefully have these before summer is over. Took her out last night for a little test and it took me by surprise at how quick she gets to 100!!! :D

Anyway here are some pics:

dsc00659c.jpg

Dirty filter ready for a good clean

dsc00658d.jpg

Out with the old

dsc00670v.jpg

In with the new

dsc00660.jpg

dsc00663f.jpg

dsc00665.jpg

The new GT intake (the glanza one looked all chewed up right near the turbo!)

dsc00664pyc.jpg

Makes an awesome high pitched squeek-type noise out the air filter just before it dumps, sounds wicked, and holds boost right to the redline!!!!! :D

Thanks for looking

Joe

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus i really need to get that decat to flexi pipe fitted, look how small the standard pipe is compared to the decat pipe!!!!!!!!!!

Nice one jag forgot you took all those! Running so nicely only thing i need now is new front tyres haha :thumbsup: gettin loads more wheelspin and a bit of torque steer now.

Cheers

Joe

• 1 month later...

UPDATE:

Bad news :thumbsup:

Clutch or/and gearbox problem, very loud whining/grinding pulling away from stationary. Whatever is wrong with it it has baffled me and fellow starlet owners! Gearbox oil changed and new release bearing fitted but this has made no difference whatsoever so it's in the hands of SW Auto's in Biddenden as of this afternoon. I was strongly considering putting it up for sale a couple of weeks ago, but considering i've just landed a new job with a pretty decent wage I might just reconsider, we'll see. Got a feeling its gonna be in the garage for quite a while, i'm sure as hell gonna miss it :thumbsup:

Couple of pics:

dsc00287jz8.jpg

dscf0001rkr.jpg

Little sneaky vid -

Hope it gets fixed soon so i can carry on with the mods

Joe

Sell it WFT!

HELL NO! :p

As you said 2 you shuld be rolling in it soon

It'll sort its self out, then you can get back on boost

Let us know what the garage say about it to mate

Hope all goes well :p

As Bill said you'll love it once more :o

how much was the hybrid and who did you get it off mate?

looking kool defo need aftermarket mani thow

It's a Universal-Turbo's r-spec hybrid. I can't remember an exact figure off the top of my head but i think about £650 for just the turbo, which is quite a lot looking back. This was before i knew about the gt spec hybrids, i would've loved one of those but i wanna see how this one performs at 1.2 bar.

Looking good mate, however I'd advise getting the fuelling checked or turn the boost down a little bit as the hybrid will obviously be putting out more air and you could be running lean....

Cheers mate, I've got a feeling the fuelling is fine. She spits flames and smells a bit on the rich side, but will be getting a full check over from the boys at SW Autos. Spoke to them on the phone earlier and despite the clutch problem, they said i've got a cracking little motor so may keep her for a little while longer.

Should be about 2-3 weeks before i get her back

Joe

• 2 weeks later...

As Joe hasnt put anyone back in the loop

Its back on the road and sorted now :)

Heres a couple pictures from earlier as Joe wanted some photoshopping done

_MG_8613.jpg

_MG_8614.jpg

_MG_8615.jpg

_MG_8616.jpg

_MG_8617.jpg

_MG_8618.jpg

Then heres the photoshoppy stuff i did earlier to

(colour matching this colour is near impossible i was trying for ages :))

Jam lip

JamLip.jpg

Wheelies

JoeNewWheelPhotoshop.jpg

Wheelies + ome lip

JoeNewWheelPhotoshopLip.jpg

Wheelies + tints

JoeNewWheelPhotoshop2.jpg

Would have added a jam lip or ome lip on but couldnt find a pic that it lined up with that was good enough quality :D

Looks wikid :thumbsup:

Sundays gna be fun

Also blatz we should do your calipers orange to :D

Forgot to do a little update - silly me.

Got the car back on thursday from the garage, and i'm really pleased with the work they've done.

The following is the work they did:

1) New gearbox mounts and new captive nuts welded, also loads of nuts and bolts fitted on the gearbox because shit loads were missing not to my knowledge (the prick that i trusted to put my gearbox back together after the clutch was fitted couldn't be arsed to fit them all!!!!)

2) Welded de-cat (it had a hairline crack) and heat-painted and heat-wrapped

3) Best of all - Exedy organic racing clutch kit with machined flywheel

Clutch pedal feels so smooth now. So the plans now are wheels painted tomorrow and rear 3 windows tinted next week and then power mods!

let the modding commense :)

Joe

Right here we go.

Alarm set at 7.45am on sunday ready for spraying the wheels!

Jag got here shortly after 8 and we went and got a few bits from B&Q before starting work.

Started work - cleaning the wheels

dscf0002v.jpg

Then we rubbed most of the white off with wet n dry and wrapped the tyres in newspaper ready for spray

Base coat of hammerite smooth black:

dscf0007nul.jpg

finished that side and then got to work on the outside of the wheel; base coat:

dscf0008var.jpg

a fair few coats later:

dscf0015kgr.jpg

Dan messin around with the fluorescent orange spray!!! :)

dscf0013k.jpg

Before lacquer:

dscf0020x.jpg

After lacquer:

dscf0016bqq.jpg

unwrapped!

dscf0019i.jpg

During this mad process, the calipers were given a quick clean and then 4/5 coats of fluorescent high glow gloss orange.

Here are some pics of the wheels on the car:

dscf0003r.jpg

dscf0004k.jpg

dscf0006nub.jpg

dscf0011udt.jpg

dscf0012i.jpg

They need some very minor touching up, many thanks to JAG you were a big help bro.

Personally i reckon they look shit loads better than when they were in white, what does everyone else think? :)

Joe

Like the orange wheel nuts too, although in one pic the backs look bolder than the front?

Thats because the front ones are still red :)

Silly willy Joe sprayed the wrong side of the bolts so we had to respray them and didnt get a chance to do the other 8

They look proper lush though

Blatz look much better in black than white :p

Wz a wel fun day to

Despite the fact i my wrist was like siezed up all yesterday form so much wrist work :p

So what are we gna spray next?

Floresent orange cat maybe? :)