• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quick update to say that my car's going in for repairs on thursday, so I will have a courtesy car for a week or two.

Lookin' ahead to 2009, I think I might treat myself to a new set of wheelies! I know a lot of people on here dont like rota's but I think these are really sexy, and would suit my car

Rota HM3 - Red/White

Let us know what you think B)

Joe

Dam! just saw the other page about the guy who crashed into you, this must be the time of year for crashing into v's mine has been crashed into another v i know had a crash.

well it's a good thing he claimed liability and all that, luckily for me the guy said it was his fault as well. just to let you know i got the engineering report through today and they said it will cost £1,121!!! madness for a new front passenger wing, wheel refurb and enlinement etc £440 was labour charges, so only get repaired what is totally vital otherwise they might right the car off.

Dam! just saw the other page about the guy who crashed into you, this must be the time of year for crashing into v's mine has been crashed into another v i know had a crash.

well it's a good thing he claimed liability and all that, luckily for me the guy said it was his fault as well. just to let you know i got the engineering report through today and they said it will cost £1,121!!! madness for a new front passenger wing, wheel refurb and enlinement etc £440 was labour charges, so only get repaired what is totally vital otherwise they might right the car off.

Thanks for the reply on that front mate

The repair company are coming to pick it up tomorrow morning. As far as I know it will need the following:

drivers side light lense

drivers side indicator and bulb

drivers side foglight lense

drivers side front wing

Hopefully the bumper will only need a refurb but I'm not 100% sure yet. I have no idea of the amount it will come to all in all but I'm just praying that everything will be ok and I have a dentless glanza outside my house before too long!

Joe

Nice motor.

You still wanting Advans? if they is a set at this scrap yard near mine.

They are 17" with bridgestone tyres and they have the red lip

Thanks mate.

I don't really fancy going from 14s to 17s tbh! How much are they going for just out of interest? Think i'm just gonna have to wait til next year and see if anything pops up!

Joe

these cars hate anything above 15 mate! stay 15's, i have 15's on the now... 13's as my spare set (the matt black hyper orange lip) and my steels are 14's lol (yes you could say the back door looks like a garage lmao!

by the way love what you done with the wheels (no offence) but in silver they looked bent.. but now they look bad ass.. and the red nuts tidy mate :D

these cars hate anything above 15 mate! stay 15's, i have 15's on the now... 13's as my spare set (the matt black hyper orange lip) and my steels are 14's lol (yes you could say the back door looks like a garage lmao!

by the way love what you done with the wheels (no offence) but in silver they looked bent.. but now they look bad ass.. and the red nuts tidy mate :D

Cheers mate. To be honest I'm just gonna keep the 14s for a while, get a 60 profile instead of 65 and keep em clean because i dont think they look too bad. It was JAG that persuaded me to do them in white (i was thinking black). Thanks for the kind comments fella :D

lol thats funny as! White on silver is a bit bent though! Dont really go 2 neutral colours together! Mate shud of dun them black lol :thumbsup:

Again its down to opinion and i can see where you're coming from because I used to think it looked a bit sketchy before I sprayed mine white, but I don't think they look too bad to be honest. They do need a couple of re-coats tho :harhar:

Joe

lol id agree black on black looks stealthy im just a touch baised tho :D

+ nice clean black wheels on dirty like browning tires looks nasty or really dusty tires puts me off personally :harhar:

I've got a pic of a silver N/A with black wheels n then comparing the 2 personally think white looks a bit more wowee n eyecatching :thumbsup:

Gunmetal grey on black car tho :lol:

love that :(

Good news update:

Phoned the repairs centre where my car is stored at the moment, they have a completion date - next monday!!!!!!!!! :o

It is having new everything!!!!! New front bumper! New Front wing, new lights and foglight and indicator and wheel alignment done aswell. Well chuffed, get my courtesy car tomorrow too, so I have a runaround til next week. Will put up some pics when I have my car back.

Joe

Holy shit dude didnt even realise someone bumped into you!!!

Scum :D what it someone was crossing the road when he cut the corner or something :D

Toss bag hope he gets what he deserves and looks like your being sorted mate, happy days :D

Wow, I'm impressed.

What's the run around you're being given? A Micra or something?

(on the basis of giving you a similar car to what you drive :D)

Bitchin' :D

Got a toyota yaris! really bloody slow but hey, its a car that gets me about til mine is fixed.

Joe

Just a quick update. Some good news: Bodywork is all fixed (front wing, front bumper, wheel housing and wheel alignment)! Just waiting on a headlight and then its all good to go and i can take this shitty yaris back. Knowing my luck they'll have bodged an n/a bumper on the front, budget style ^_^

Pics V soon ^_^

Joe