Hey people, its been a while since last update so here come a few pics with new stainless steel custom cat-back exhaust and dump valve. I'm really impressed with the exhaust which was done by 'Pipecraft' custom exhausts in Basildon. The dump valve is a forge motorsport dump valve which I think may be the cheapest on the market, but does the job just fine nevertheless!

Soon will be wheels and springs too. Springs have been ordered and shall be fitted at beginning of Feb. Latest pics follow:

dscf0037vn7.jpg

dscf0055dr5.jpg

dscf0076fd0.jpg

dscf0083ka5.jpg

dscf0084cb0.jpg

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers :) got a call this morning saying my springs are in so will be fitted by weekend. Also payday tomorrow, so I'm gonna choose some wheels in the next week too. Update will be soon.

Joe.

Alright Joe,

Cars looking good mate :)

Are you gonna be running springs on the standard shocks? what drop you going for?

Pinch punch and all that shit!

Steely

Posted Jan 30 2008, 09:23 AM

Alright Joe,

Cars looking good mate

Are you gonna be running springs on the standard shocks? what drop you going for?

Standard shocks mate, think the springs are -45mm roughly. What's going on with your car mate, fancy a mini meet soon? You passed me a few weeks ago down loose road but didn't notice me.

Sparky

Posted Jan 30 2008, 02:08 PM

Good news mate!!!

Looking forward to seeing it lowered and what wheels you go for

Either these:sav2silver1afj9.jpg

Or these:1034be1.jpg

Advans are really hard to get hold of tho. Let me know what you think. Cheers <_<

Joe.

The bottom ones are team dynamics, ive seen them on a civic near me and they look pretty nice. But your right, they don't compare to advans.

Cheers Riko i'll do some looking mate. If anyones selling advans let us know, cheers <_<

Joe.

i'd take the mileage with a pinch of salt tbh mate, and definately look into uprated shocks, the standard ones wont last long with lowering springs as it'll be completely different to the rebound of the shocks, which will put alot more stress on them, plus its also fantastically dangerous if one does pop when you're giving it beans. there's also the fact that it'll never handle as well as it could with better suited uprated shocks, as again, the originals arent matched to lowering springs. defo look into it, i'm gonna be bringing in a few sets if coilovers and shit soon so i'll give you a shout when they're in.

i also have an apexi boost gauge on ebay, if thats of any interest to you.

Go for those bottom rims the black ones with silver trim they'l look beaty on your beast... :p

Have the springs come through yet out of interest?

Did u sort out the problem with the leaky dump valve yet?

Think i need to get one of these pages up on my lil broomer :p

Im so exited bout sat!

Shall i head round to you say 7:30ish?

N then we go from there?

Gimme a tx bout it or sumin as im back from herman german land now but my inets still dead :p

see you soon matey!

@ Ecksjay - Cheers mate for the advice, I'm lookin into shocks at the mo, AVO are quite cheap, do you know much about them? have already got cobra springs, so might have to bear with it for a few weeks! I thought loads of glanza drivers on here go for just a spring setup!

@ JAG - Am having some family trouble at the moment and may not be able to get out of it. im really angry right now and want to punch the computer because i really wanna come on saturday, but i'm not 100% sure i can make it. Im really sorry mate, I'll really try to come but can't promise anything.

@ Ecksjay - Cheers mate for the advice, I'm lookin into shocks at the mo, AVO are quite cheap, do you know much about them? have already got cobra springs, so might have to bear with it for a few weeks! I thought loads of glanza drivers on here go for just a spring setup!

maybe in the interim but best not to for reasons already explained - its another shortcut on these cars that does not reap good rewards

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Haven't updated in a while, just thought I'd give you the latest news.

Oil seal on turbo blew whilst cruising up the motorway at 70mph! Had to wait on a grass bank on the m20 for an hour and a half in the cold wind until the recovery service came! :p Really annoyed because ive only had the motor for a few months. I am also now out of a job, so quite skint.

Anyway, here's the good news: On order is a brand new turbo-dynamics hybrid turbocharger along with a zep de-cat and second hand up-rated manifold off a mate. Also i'll be getting a turbo timer and boost gauge after the new turbo is fitted to be on the safe side. I hate not driving :)

Pictures will hopefully be up soon depending on how quickly i can get the work done.

Joe.

Just found out new turbo and other parts plus vat will cost £949!!! :p Was hoping it to be a bit less than this considering i have a bit fat income of zero at the moment but nevermind. Anyway I was browsing through some pics earlier and thought I'd upload a few, sorry to bore you:

dscf0024yk8.jpg

dscf0034lz2.jpg

dscn2031ak7.jpg

old exhaust

dscn1839qc8.jpg

new exhaust

dscf0041bo5.jpg

dscf0045mh9.jpg

More pictures will be up when she's out of the garage :p

Joe

The worrying thing is they have no idea of how the old turbo blew! Hope the new ones a bit stronger, does anyone have a hybrid, will i notice a difference on standard boost? obviously it wont be on standard boost for too long!

Joe.