Yeah i know mate, can't wait til its lowered, just wanna do things right and get uprated shocks first.

have sprayed two wheels white and they are on the car and i must say they look niiiice!!! Have done the calipers in red as well! Will update again tomorrow with some pics.

Joe.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get it dropped! :p

Put everything else on hold now n get some shocks mate!

Wheels look sik tho was a fun day but we should have been a bit more strick on getting the job done as oppose to chilling :lol:

Have to go out n have a lil shoot sumtime this week tho :D

x

Nice one Jag, you were a big help mate, was good to just take it easy but yeah it did take a lot longer than i was hoping.

Anyway, as promised here are some pics

dsc00203kw6.jpg

dsc00207fa7.jpg

Some pictures aren't working, will update soon

Cheers for looking. :lol:

Joe.

Found this on the inside of each of my wheels:

dsc00183fr6.jpg

The paddle clutch was fitted two nights ago with a mate, we started at 7pm and finished at roughly 3am! so it wasn't too bad.

After suffering with a temperamental slipping clutch it's sooooooo nice to have such a responsive one :p

Surprisingly enough I haven't stalled it once yet. The clutch pedal is so much smoother and really quite bitey, I managed to do my first hill start to day on square hill road. Those who know it should understand the sense of achievement I felt conquering it with a paddle clutch! :mellow:

Anyway here are some pics of the clutch change:

We ran into a slight snag, but not to worry for now

dsc00217ra8.jpg

Some bolts on the gearbox were quite hard to get to

dsc00215fr7.jpg

dsc00219pf8.jpg

In with the engine crane for the gearbox

dsc00221zy2.jpg

Gearbox prepped for droppage, although it wasnt very heavy at all! made easier work tho

dsc00223fe6.jpg

Old release bearing out

dsc00224kq0.jpg

dsc00226do9.jpg

The old clutch plate was sooooo worn!

dsc00230mn8.jpg

bling!

dsc00231dz2.jpg

Everything is now back as it was and the clutch is sooo bitey and responsive! :) up the boost a bit and rolling road here we come!

Joe

Thanks Si :mellow: Found out silly things about toyota engine bays that just make no sense whatsoever! Good fun tho, well worth the gearbox dropping mishap :p

After driving the car hard with the new clutch fitted, found out that i've only been boosting a pathetic 7psi since i got the hybrid in may! :)

This weekend it will hopefully see 11psi/0.8 bar ish. So should feel a little bit quicker.

Joe

• 2 weeks later...

Cant get over how much better this is now uv got the clutch sorted

Dump valve sounds proper lush aswell :(

Im really concidering scraping everything i have together n saving as much as i can afford 2 each month then soon as i get like 3/4k start hunting for a glanza :p

There will be a Glanza on my drive by this time next year :D

:D

Cheers man, does feel quite a bit more responsive now. Just ordered magnecor kv85 ht leads, ngk iridium spark plugs, denso dizzy cap and rotor arm....oh and a cv boot kit! Got some red hammerite left over from the calipers, so I might do the intercooler cover. Will certainly make it look more unique! :p

Joe

Just a small update, picked up a little package today, nothing amazing don't get too excited :p

My beasty new ht leads

dsc00264yn2.jpg

Thought I might aswell get these too as i found them for a bargain :p

dsc00265jf7.jpg

And these little badboyz to finish it all off:

dsc00266yp2.jpg

Gonna spray this in red!

dsc00258jt2.jpg

Gonna give the rocker cover a little once over aswell just to get the worst of the dirt off.

Joe.