• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After giving it serious thought I'm considering breaking my car as it's still smoking at high rpm and it's burning a little oil! The compression is 160 across all four cylinders but I can't afford to throw anymore money at it! The spec is Ross racing pistons 74.5mm crower rods, sard k24 turbo just been rebuilt by Liam D Midland turbo with 12 months warranty, sard stainless manifold and de-cat, trial 38mm external wastegate with 0.8 spring with screamer pipe, race spec rocker cover, full adjustable bc coilovers in very good condition, blitz nur spec r exhaust system, jperformance fmic with piping, blitz access ecu, defi boost and oil temp gauges with the control box, buddy club p1 15" wheels all with good tyres, the car it's self is in good condition it a sunroof version witch is rare there is the odd paint imperfection! I'm just looking to recoup as much money as possible, so what's It all worth?

:( gutted to hear it's still smoking :( sure it's not just residue from the turbo seals failing?

nah bud I did think that at first tbh but I noticed it yesterday out on a drive :-( I've been speaking to Mike at td and when he moves to his new unit I'm going to take it to him as he will have the room to store it, I'm thinking it's the valve seals but until it's stripped down I won't know for certain I'm going to get it sorted either way, I've got a month to save the money and I'll get it sorted worst case scenario is the pistons and a rebuild we shall see what happens fingers crossed it's just a rebuilt head. I've got a spare engine and ct9 and td04 turbo to sell to boost the funds!

Gutted it hasn't solved the smoking issues, seals were pretty worn :( it's more than likely the stem seals mate, starlets normally kill them around the 120k mark how many has it done? Hopefully it's nothing major as it could potentially damage the turbo again :(

Well it's a forged motor witch has done at a guess 10-15k it's weird though as I went out last night and it stopped smoking! And to be fair it only smoked in the top rpm and I drive like a granny most of the time, I'm just going to keep an eye on the oil level a hope for the best. I'll be getting it sorted ASAP! ;-)

I'd just go out and kick the crap out the engine see if it clears anything mine is a bit smokey lately just put it down to how the weather has been :)

I'm going to give it a oil and filter change today and take for a drive up the moors tomorrow and give a good blow out, your property right through! I haven't given it a good run in some time.

The other day I noticed that the clear pipe running down the side of my oil catch can had water in it so I undone the release bolt at the bottom of the catch can to find water draining out! Since then it has stopped smoking completely and as far as I can tell it's no longer burning oil ! I know you can get condensation build up specially with all the wet weather we have had in the past months is this normal? My coolant level did drop a tad when I first fitted the turbo but has stayed level ever since.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Current update on my V I had some bad news, as some of you may know I'd been burning oil witch I originally thought was down to stem seals, witch is not the case as ive found out it's worn cylinders :( it's currently at TD having a rebuild with some 75mm pistons put in! I'll be selling my 74.5mm ross racing pistons if anyone is interested pm me as they are fine but just not in my current block. I'm having the new build run in on the dyno and hopefully I have it back spanking new in three weeks until then I need to get some pennies saved I'll be putting a few pits in the for sale section may even put the ross pistons into my old engine as that is still standard 74mm bore see what happens.

• 2 months later...

I'm gauging interest on my glanza as I'll be considering selling it once it's back from td, it's currently having 75mm forged pistons put in and it's being run in by td as well! The reason for maybe selling is ive bought a jetski and i need something to tow! I'm not interested in breaking it id rather lose abit of money and let someone have the enjoyment from her, im after £5700ovno

• 9 months later...
Posted Image it's been a while since I've last updated this, it's since been completely rebuilt with wössner 75mm pistons as my ross racing pistons were worn and burning oil! I've also fitted a oil catch can, new air filter relocated to the front grill, half size triple core radiator, new 6puk clutch and gt gearbox and she lives again :)