POT HOLES P*** ME OFF!

Taking the mrs and daughter to her mums for a roast then this happend. Lucky i didnt hit the post what was right next to were i hit the curb. Shook the girls up and makes things worse she is pregnant. This is what happend:

20131124_154045_zpsb7b16956.jpg

20131124_153844_zps411c3765.jpg

20131124_154037_zpsea4f19d2.jpg

20131124_154058_zpsc07b48d1.jpg

These alloys was brought october brand new for £637 month later.. ill be down the coucil tomorrow.

Edited by GlanzaJim

This is really pissed me off as the alloys are so new. But im just glad the mrs and kid was okay. I didnt shit a brick myself. No i wasnt going fast boosting it. The mrs would really really kick off and exspesh with our bubby in the car. I will be up the council tomorrow. This cant be happening!

I can't picture the pothole? Got a closer pic as to how deep it was.

I claimed in their public liability fund as hit a cut in the road as roadworks were happening but no ramp signs and the fogs fell out and rims were buckled.

They paid out after a 9 week battle forms and plenty of photos with maps etc sketched out.

Very tedious!

This is road tax money at it's finest lol! They're happy to take the £ but don't fix no roads with it. Piss take man.

Just to address this firstly.. Road Tax doesn't exist, it's Vehicle Excise Duty we pay, which is base don emissions, and the money goes into the general pot, it doesn't pay for roads.

OP, bad luck. Typically it's a council road, but due to the nature of the defect (it's more of a depression than pot hole) it seems quite clear what happened, the depression caused your wheel to be pulled towards the curb while taking the corner, damaging your wheel.

I'd say certainly get down to the council, print off all the photos of the defect, the curb, your wheel etc on A4 sheets, type out a description of what happened etc, and try to claim compensation.

Depression like that should be addressed immediately, they're especially dangerous for cyclists.

You can see from the rest of the pic that the surface itself isn't too old, I'd say 5-7 years? But if it's a heavily trafficed junction and if you've got HGV's and buses turning and screwing on it, those joints get ripped apart pretty quickly.

Good luck anyway, hopefully you'll get a result from them.

U call that a pothole thats more like a little rut to me, u should see the roads here in ireland, very unlucky man hope u get it sorted.

x2

lads lads lads, that's not a pothole, this is a pothole..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ylsTz2DgXc

basically what im saying is you have'nt seen a pothole until you come to ireland..

Yep. As i pulled into second i wasnt holding the wheel tight like you dont anyway. It swung out my hand. Its hard to belive to some. But what else would cause me to crash..

Fair one, the council will probably just say that the portholes didn't cause the damage and it was you driving into the kerb, could have a tough battle on your hands here bud