for sale threads (ADMIN)

eBay is a rip off to sell on.

At the end of the day it's away of keeping the club alive without one or two having to cover the costs. I paid to support the club, my car wouldn't be the it is now without the collective input of different members.

Realistically you should want to pay the £1.95, due to the amount of information and support available. OK other clubs may not charge you to sell, but this is another way of keeping the riff raff out.

As far as I am aware this is the cheapest club membership in the UK.

I'm on two Starlet sites and both I support with paid memberships. At the end of the day a Haynes Manual is going to cost you £15 and there is a lot more support on forums.

Just my 2p

Edited by chrisgreen1993
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this is irrelevant but why is toyotagtturbo so quite? People hardly ever post on there and I've tried making an account a while back but it's still not been approved :/

only the hardcore left lol

not sure why you havent been approved, didnt even think you needed to be approved.

unless you IP address is banned via the Idrees Ban.

Phil

eBay is a rip off to sell on.

End of the day this is the truth. Ebay isnt the answer.

the Toyotagtturbo UK-SC UKSO TOC Ireland debate, is not one im interested in as i use the TGTT site and will continue to hang out here and Toc Irl for the crack :)

Chris_EP91/Chrisgreen is probably the opposite way round, but then he has a UK starlet so this was his natural home i guess.

everyone ive met from the clubs all get on, what i would suggest is the clubs are the right places to sell items, at the right price to the right people.

Whatever site/club that might be.

Phil

Chris_EP91/Chrisgreen is probably the opposite way round, but then he has a UK starlet so this was his natural home i guess.

Correct mate, I mainly use UKSO, but I am now posting more frequently on TGTT. There is some awesome technical info there and few guys who really know their stuff. So it's always good to become familair with different members. Also TGTT seems to have a greater gathering in N.I. and that's a bonus for drumming up interest in meets.

Without the help and inspiration from different members on both sites, I'd probably be driving a saxo by now LOL. So it's always good to give something back to keep such clubs going.

Correct mate, I mainly use UKSO, but I am now posting more frequently on TGTT. There is some awesome technical info there and few guys who really know their stuff. So it's always good to become familair with different members. Also TGTT seems to have a greater gathering in N.I. and that's a bonus for drumming up interest in meets.

Without the help and inspiration from different members on both sites, I'd probably be driving a saxo by now LOL. So it's always good to give something back to keep such clubs going.

thats it in a nut shell.

to be brutally honest without the old fellas like Jay/Chris/Ted/Weejohn/Spuddy/Gryzor/and the new members too it would be easy for interest to wane.

but the starlet scene has been strong in Northern Ireland for a loooonng time.

Phil

I agree all this for a 2 pound fee lol you end up doing yourself out of money with eBay I was getting a bill for 80 odd and the end of every month selling with eBay it's not worth it

Seconded,£2 couldn't buy a Costa not to mention access to such a large network of potential buyers. It costs that much to advertise one thing on ebay before fees etc are taken into account loo

Firstly thanks Phil for making me aware of this discussion. I don't post much on here but I'll make an exception to clear matters up.

its free to sell on TGTT as far as i know.

That is true.

I get them up on there then! I remember the old forum went sideways cause he wanted to charge people didnt it? Its not the fact of the £2 I dont mind paying it but! I thought a forum was a free place for like minded individuals to interact and share knowledge and parts not a money earner

I share that philosophy too.

To reflect this the TGTT classifieds sections were set up to accommodate casual sales between established forum members, so unfortunately you can't just sign up and start selling. That's generally what sites such as eBay and Gumtree cater for. These dedicated marketplaces have a higher level of buyer/seller protection as well as much more traffic than niche forum boards so there are certainly a few places to advertise even if the club forums can't assist mate.

We brought in the 50 posts/1 month minimum requirements as well as all the other countermeasures to combat the amount of scammers and cowboys the forum attracted over the years. Personally I rate this approach more reasonable than a pay to display version but each to their own. Both are an unfortunate necessity to reduce the risks involved in buying online. Which leads me onto the next point:

when ive put items up for sale on TGTT it hardly ever gets approved even though i have described the item the best i can

the best you can do isnt good enough then lol

nah you just have to use the template its simples

As Philberto has stated, it's pretty simple Micky. Follow the template and you won't have too much of a problem. Applying the template from this site doesn't quite foot the bill unfortunately.

Money earner??

it is certainly not a money earner for any of us.

Quoted for truth #1

I tried to post my turbo kit thread up for sale days ago and its still not been approved :/

Despite the fact the advert was over-described!

As already stated, follow the 6+ year old TGTT template and you shouldn't have an issue.

For anyone who hasn't read the original stone tablets, the online version is here: http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?42-Classifieds-Rules-Please-Read-Before-Posting-ANYTHING&p=1137853#post1137853

I know this is irrelevant but why is toyotagtturbo so quite? People hardly ever post on there and I've tried making an account a while back but it's still not been approved :/

Think of it as a library. You don't get too much shouting in a library. You do get a lot of answers though!

PM me your TGTT username and I'll investigate what has gone awry bro.

only the hardcore left lol

EP-Lifers.com :)

but the starlet scene has been strong in Northern Ireland for a loooonng time.

Quoted for truth #2

Hope that helps most, upsets few and baffles the unbaffable. :D

Jay

Edited by Jaystar77

We're having trouble displaying this page.

We're having trouble with the page you're trying to reach and can't open it at the moment.

Try the following:

Refresh the page or try again later.

:sad:

serious you cant be.

nice joke if not serious. lol

Phil

Edited by Philm