Nelson Mandela Died...

The issue is with what you are taught in school! Started to google some of his actions etc after he died, turns out they missed out a lot about him. Do some googling on the 'other side of Nelson Mandela' and it will change your opinion..did with me.

I don't really know enough of his history but everywhere reports he was a great man and inspiration, yet I've read stories that he used to throw grenades on buses with children on, so what am i missing?

Achieved great things, did some attrocious things, well said and RIP

I don't really know enough of his history but everywhere reports he was a great man and inspiration, yet I've read stories that he used to throw grenades on buses with children on, so what am i missing?

Yeah it really depends on positional accountability from an individuals perspective.

personally i can imagine myself as a murderer just fine, circumstance dependant so i have no problem forgiving another,

and its not a matter of forgiving someone who turned about and said here i was wrong please forgive me,

its that he fought killed, murdered.

then people realised that despite the violent uprising, it wasnt the terrorists that were wrong it was the government and apartheid regime.

Quite unlike islamic extremists, and therefore quite unlike any modern terrorists.

he fought and terrorised, because basic human rights were not given to his people.

not for religion

not for land

Phil

Edited by Philm

Yeah it really depends on positional accountability from an individuals perspective.

personally i can imagine myself as a murderer just fine, circumstance dependant so i have no problem forgiving another,

and its not a matter of forgiving someone who turned about and said here i was wrong please forgive me,

its that he fought killed, murdered.

then people realised that despite the violent uprising, it wasnt the terrorists that were wrong it was the government and apartheid regime.

Quite unlike islamic extremists, and therefore quite unlike any modern terrorists.

he fought and terrorised, because basic human rights were not given to his people.

not for religion

not for land

Phil

His people were legally classed as second rate citizens hence his approach. Every great man has a little bit of psycopath in him somewhere!

Now its switched round really, white people are now victims. During the time many white farmers were shot for land etc, similar to in Zimbabwe. Its still not a fair country and far from safe. Mandela fought for freedom etc but still made close friends with alot of dictators including gadaffi