PLEASE LOCK MODS , CHEERS :)

ePurchased a mk1 gt last week and it was a little rough so I'm now breaking it and just bought this little 5 door sportiff , 60,000 miles 2 owners full service history , so my plans are to keep it looking standard except for some wheels and turbo the beast , updates to follow

C675D871-B55D-4820-A29E-CEFFE76628AE_zps

C675D871-B55D-4820-A29E-CEFFE76628AE_zps

FE143556-1929-460C-93A0-D1D9A1B6C002_zps

Edited by dangeestarlet
  • Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks clean mate !!

And yeah i gotta agree with Aamir about the looms, ive done the conversion on a 85 using some 82 looms from a GT of the same year and it just made everything so simple, all the plugs lined up, no splicing and tracing wires and no headaches haha.

Best bet for you would be to get a 96spec set of looms.

I don't have one for sale unfortunately, you will need engine loom, dash loom, ecu and all the interior loom. You will have to hardwire the fuel pump too or you can just change it to one from a Glanza

Youd need a Glanza ECU yeah, you might be able to use some stuff of the MK1 like the ignitor/coil, MAP sensor, inlet mani/TB. I believe the dizzy setup on the MK1s was slightly different but you might be able to put a clip type cap on it, you'll need a Glanza thermostat housing aswell.

Basically just swap most of it out for a FTE setup of the same year.

There are other ways to do the conversion using a spliced in GT loom but i've never done it..

Yeap will be a headache making it into a turbo but will be worth it, plans are :

Fit my sparco wheel and boss

Clear indicators

Lowered all round

Set of alloys that I had on gt

Gt front brakes

Turbo conversion

Fit my Oem strut brace

Fit my oil catch can

And see how it goes :)

Update, fitted my wheels today and gab rear adjustable shocks and springs, just need a set for the front now also fitted my sparco steering wheel and front strut brace and I'm going to try and get it all up and running for japfest :) pics to follow tommorow

Edited by dangeestarlet