You say that but it looks quite cheap/easy to do on a budget fair play it's not the perfect way to do it but from what I've seen you just chop a standard inlet shot some silicone pipes on it which you could get from auto silicone hoses or somewhere like that for penny's then some of them triumph tt600 bodys on for about 50 quid and then the most expensive part would be a wideband to monitor it

Like I say it's not perfect but it's been proven it works and isn't much more expensive than a rolla mani (other than a wideband I apreciate there's mapping ontop of that but I mean td do the emb for 550 and you can do a megasquirt yourself for cheaper if your brave I know it's still not cheap cheap but it's not break the bank expensive pay that for a half decent set of wheels and tyres these days

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Triumph throttles. Silicone joiners. Small mod to the tps connector to plug to a starlet harness. Vacuum manifold. Pulse reducer to get a good map signal.

Rich clarke in ireland was running his on a fte ecu. Like this you're talking £200 maybe?

but agree best results would be emb which can be picked up for a bit over £100 now. A wideband and some det cans and for the sake of blowing up a 4efe have a go at tuning urself. U can pick up a 4efe for peanuts.

Triumph throttles. Silicone joiners. Small mod to the tps connector to plug to a starlet harness. Vacuum manifold. Pulse reducer to get a good map signal.

Rich clarke in ireland was running his on a fte ecu. Like this you're talking £200 maybe?

but agree best results would be emb which can be picked up for a bit over £100 now. A wideband and some det cans and for the sake of blowing up a 4efe have a go at tuning urself. U can pick up a 4efe for peanuts.

This is what I was thinking what about them apexi fuel controller things that I've seen mentioned every now and again are they worth having a play about with they're only 100 notes but you will get that back when your finished with it if it doesn't work? There's lots of cheapest ways of getting there in itching to have a go myself but have got two glanzas and a daily corsa at the minuite so I cant :(

Yeah I'm talking about doing it properly like a proper size matched exhaust and just making an overall Nice neat job of it

You could still make it neat and tidy looking on a budget like but yeah I know what you mean it would no doubt run into a lot of money if you where buying tarty things and the best of everything but if your tight and patient I recon it will be doable and your looking at the same sort of figures as a 106 gti with a similar weight they're not to be sniffed at theyre nippy little cars it would be worth doing I recon

https://instagram.com/p/3HQnJPt9Bw/ #tease #budgetbuilt. Waiting on a wideband so i can tune properly. Not a 4e though.

No one mentioned the option of running a 4efe with a 1st gen intake, 5efhe exhaust header AND the fte/fhe distributor, fhe ecu and fhe map sensor, different spark map on the fhe ecu. My friend had to drive his fte without the turbo, i lent him an fhe ecu for testing, huge difference in response. From a sluggish low compression 4e to a more lively drivable car.

Isnt the gen 1 inlet a fte one?

A fhe ecu might be better but its never going to be as good as a proper map as a factory ecu is always going to be a 'safe' map meaning timing has been held back and its been run slightly richer than you can go with a custom map.

Fte manifold, fhe (non acis)manifold and first gen 4efe all the same., besides the fte ones sensor placement. The fhe ecu and external coil distributor would be a cheaper option than standalone ems. Anyone trying to get more power out of a 4efe would quickly become deterred by the cost of ems etc for the minimal gane. I ran a 4e-f on bike carbs (mikuni bs36mm) with fhe cams and it was a beast compared to stock, but for n/a tuning the 4e is almost maxed out, thats why I opted to build a high compression 5e(stupidly high) to see how far i could push things, only now do i need engine management, as the fhe ecu spark map is too aggressive for the compression im running.