• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong. I know of at least two in Germany. Both are also on here.

Sharki made it with the Corolla E10 mani (Gen1), FHE cams, Emanage, and afaik some kind of exhaust.

Motion used the E11 intake mani, skimmed head, OBX exhaust, Emanage, Green Twister intake, 50mm Throttle Body

Two different attenpts but similar results. Motion opted for a smooth and linear torque curve while sharki just wanted maximum power. If motion had wanted the same as sharki he would be near 115hp or even more I think, but I can't be sure.

Were you saying I was wrong? As you've just said it yourself, neither are in the Uk.

The highest powered UK car I've seen is around the 93hp mark IIRC.

Either way, seems you need a map to make the most out of your mods which not many people are Willing to get done.

I said you were wrong because there are more. The Paseo guys in Germany managed up to 150hp on their 5E. N/A still.

And for the map I've got a good example. One of the Paseo guys broke his emanage and with the stock ecu the engine ran likd shit because of the many mods.

If I modded my N/A I'd definately go for at least an Emanage. Also useful for later engine upgrade and/or turboing it. Roadmapping should be enough for most of the time I think.

Edited by Xpect

Well, I just read the thread briefly. But it was with the ACIS and many FHE parts and a finer tune, different intake system and exhaust system and so on. I could search it as soon as I have normal Internet again.

@expect:

green twister intake, 50mm throttle body, corolla intake mani, glanza s fuel rail and injectors, skimmed head, 5e-fe cams, burdinski exhaust manifold,

2"exhaust pipe, 200 cell cat, greddy e-manage ultimate.

i read this topic since the day it has been started but my english is too bad for technical disscussion :(

Noel and other people have done the same or more and got less bhp than i on the dyno so i dont think my dyno run was right...maybe i got something about "only" 100bhp too.

otherwise sharki also got about 110 bhp on a dyno so it could be a other measurement method in germany.

i dont think there is a difference between the uk and german ecu so i couldn't got more power with the same mods than n/a boys in the uk.

the next thing i have noticed is that people like noel who hit the 100 bhp got much more torque ...about 160 Nm and i got 136Nm so something is wrong.

Edited by motion

Oooh i just have seen rmsNoal got a 5E-FE

shame on me....thats why the torque is so different.

There are still strange results on the leaderboard...for example:

Joel_EP91 4E-FE 95bhp 114Nm

Ryan5793 4E-FE 94bhp 162Nm

where the big torque difference come from?

There are still strange results on the leaderboard...for example:

Joel_EP91 4E-FE 95bhp 114Nm

Ryan5793 4E-FE 94bhp 162Nm

where the big torque difference come from?

Possibly one could be in Nm and one in ft lbs? If the 114 was actually ft lbs and not Nm then they would be quite comparable. 114 ft lbs / 0.738 ft lbs per Nm = 154 Nm?

I'm gonna be building a decent 5E

I was going to turbo, but want to keep in the under 1600cc class.

So, I have a decent 5E to start with, plans are, balanced standard crank and rods, 75mm pistons, skimmed head, corolla manifold, decent header, and probably emanage.... or maybe stick it on carbs.

• 3 weeks later...

So since i started this topic ive fitted my rolla inlet mani, got the cat welded back in, TRD panel filter and stripped the starlet out. cost me fuck all and the difference is immense. never noticed the rolla mani when i had it on my old starlet but on this one it pulls really well! it'll do 97mph in 4th gear! admittedly it doesnt have much to give in 5th though haha.

went out with my mates for a blast down the bypass where i live the other night, normally i get left for dead (one has a 1.9tdi polo 100BHP and the other a fabia VRS) but no, beasted the fabia with EASE up to 85/90mph, he was around 4 car lengths behind me until the old starlet ran out of puff and he went sailing by. and the polo couldnt even get near me! Im absolutely chuffed with it.

gonna try a rolla 4-2-1 exhaust mani and 4afe throttle body next i think!

cheers, Sam.

• 1 year later...

obviously the main point that keeps cropping up in all this is that your going nowhere unless you get it mapped but has anybody ran throttle bodys off a bike or any other type of ITB I know of a lad close(ish) to me had some bike bodys on his n/a but cant remember what bike they where off or wether he had them mapped in or anything think he was called james or something? hes a good friend of toffinators so maybe he knows?

would love to build an n/a tbh everything seems so cheap compared to the fte's the only real expense really in getting them to 100+ bhp that I can see is the map its such a shame that nobody seems to bother

obviously the main point that keeps cropping up in all this is that your going nowhere unless you get it mapped but has anybody ran throttle bodys off a bike or any other type of ITB I know of a lad close(ish) to me had some bike bodys on his n/a but cant remember what bike they where off or wether he had them mapped in or anything think he was called james or something? hes a good friend of toffinators so maybe he knows?

would love to build an n/a tbh everything seems so cheap compared to the fte's the only real expense really in getting them to 100+ bhp that I can see is the map its such a shame that nobody seems to bother

Triumphs tr600

Im hopefully gonna get back to my N/a project later in the year. Its a GT with a 4EFE dropped in and the JDM 100ps stuff attached, injectors, inlet & TB, ECU etc.

I'd love to start one but just don't have the funds at the minuite :( need to get my Glanza sorted first will be interesting to see what yours does with them bits on is it the uk 4efe with the jdm bits on?

No mate I just remember the build thread. I love the itbs so it's something that stands out to me

There's a couple of videos on youtube

Lmao fair enough did it ever get mapped do you know?

I'd love to start one but just don't have the funds at the minuite :( need to get my Glanza sorted first will be interesting to see what yours does with them bits on is it the uk 4efe with the jdm bits on?

Yeah just a SR engine dropped in a GT, ive had it for nearly a year now and worked on it twice haha. I had a JDM Gen1 FE aswell but needs a rebuild.

There was a guy from europe somewhere that had his mapped up. Was runninh enclosed itb's with a really good cold air feed and loads of other stuff and was making about 120hp iirc

Must be a couple of people that have done it then I just find it hard to believe that hardly anybody sees it through to the end and gets it mapped or on the rollers to see what it's doing :/

Must be a couple of people that have done it then I just find it hard to believe that hardly anybody sees it through to the end and gets it mapped or on the rollers to see what it's doing :/

It's not really all that cheap tbh

If someone with an n/a that wants more but can't afford a glanza or GT .probably won't pend upwards of a thousand quid to put itbs on their cars